Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headlights - Do they turn off with the ignition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlights - Do they turn off with the ignition?

Hi everyone,
    First post on here - couldn't find a clear answer when searching the forum. Can someone confirm whether or not the 325i running lights turn off with the ignition? In other words, if you leave the headlight switch in the on position and remove the key, do the headlights turn off? My 325i's headlights stay on...

If this is the case with all E30s, is there any easy mod to install to achieve this auto-off with the ignition?

Thanks in advance and happy new year

There is a separate headlight switch. I can turn my headlights on without the key even in the ignition.
    Budget E30 Parts - Used and Reconditioned parts for your BMW

Comment

Thank you Andre - appreciate the fast reply. Anybody rewired them to only turn on with ignition so they can be left in the on position on the stalk?

Comment

My headlights only go on when the ignition is on.

My parking lights are on whenever the headlight switch is on, but the headlights are switched by the ignition.

I have a mostly stock 1992 325I convertible and I’m pretty sure that this was not a modification.
        Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
        1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
        Palm Beach County

Comment

Originally posted by jgilber0 View Post
          My headlights only go on when the ignition is on.

My parking lights are on whenever the headlight switch is on, but the headlights are switched by the ignition.

I have a mostly stock 1992 325I convertible and I’m pretty sure that this was not a modification.
          Mine too.

Comment

Working...
          X