cd changer install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cd changer install

how hard is it to install a cd changer in my car? Ive got an Alpine CDM 7874 player and recently the cd player crapped the bed but the deck still works otherwise. I was hoping that I could just attach a cd dhanger till I got a new deck seeing as I already have one. Are they hard to install?

Not that hard to install. They're expensive, and so are the cables to attach them. You just have to get a long enough connecting cable to run from the deck to the changer, and make sure that the changer is compatible with the deck.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

its easy, just one cable. I put my 6 disc alpine shuttle under the drivers seat, fixs like a glove. but like the other guy said, the changer and the cable are expensive.

Comment

you can also just get an RF CD changer if you don't feel like running wires :o mine came with one and i took it out. it's now in my gf's dad's car.
        I retired my E30 for now...
        E46 323i
        David Schultz

Comment

Originally posted by DSchultz325e
          you can also just get an RF CD changer if you don't feel like running wires :o
          Yeah, if you want your CDs to be the quality of FM radio.
          Originally posted by Gruelius
          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

thats why i don't have it any more :D
            I retired my E30 for now...
            E46 323i
            David Schultz

Comment

Since your Alpine is a "M-Bus" unit, may I sugest you get yourself an "AI-Net" changer and adapter so later you could upgrade your deck?
              Most Alpine dealers are not aware of the adapter, you can call Alpine at 1 800 ALPINE1
              Luke
              PS...they are making a sweet little IPOD adapter these days too, but only for '04 and newer decks with AInet

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
              X