Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio/Head Unit Wiring Loom 12v Constant Line Power Issues

Hi all,

I've just bought a M54 swapped 325i that has a non-working stock head unit. Love the look of the stock unit, so trying to salvage it rather than purchasing something new.

Doing some digging into the wiring, and discovered that I'm not getting 12v through the RED/GRN wire to the back of the head unit. I replaced the fuse just in case, and still no power. I checked for continuity from the fuse to the end of the wire, and I'm not getting anything.

Sharing some pictures of the wiring loom. I see that at some point it was spliced into, but I'm not sure what it's powering (or should be!). One line seems to run from the fuse box into the dash (and to the head unit), while the spliced line runs up into another loom?

Can anyone help me with what the issue could be? I'm hoping there isn't a break in the wire itself, as the wire runs through the firewall and the dash - could be a sizable amount of work. I'm open to feedback if someone has done this before and it isn't that onerous! Appreciate everyone's experience here.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yGAKFo2gXKBTkZqe6

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	47
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	10103421Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	50
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	10103419
    Attached Files
Working...