Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C405 Connector - How to Depin Female (Door) Side of Connector

Hi all!

My power mirrors are currently not working and I suspect it is because the mirror switch is not getting any power.

Upon inspecting the C405 plug (in the door jam), I realized that the round receptacle on the female (door) side of the connector has been pushed back for the GN/WT wire corresponding to power for the mirror switch...

Anyone know what tool I need to depin the female portion of the connector so that I can try to clean and reinstall the round receptacle and get it to align properly with the pin?

I just kept buying different ones on amazon till one worked. If I can find the one I used I'll take a picture
    1991 318is ---230K - DD
    1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
    so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Thanks brother would be great! Ordered one but it was slightly too small. Ended up depinning it with the end of an old antenna, though if you can post a link / picture of the tool you bought that would be great! :)

Comment

Originally posted by knuthedman View Post
        Thanks brother would be great! Ordered one but it was slightly too small. Ended up depinning it with the end of an old antenna, though if you can post a link / picture of the tool you bought that would be great! :)
        this is the kit I ordered, I think two of them fit. One of them I put in my drill press and sanded the outside a little bit.

1991 318is ---230K - DD
        1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
        so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Working...
        X