Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swapped coding plugs and now the odometer doesn't work....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swapped coding plugs and now the odometer doesn't work....

My friend just bought a plastic bumpered 325i and for some reason it had an M10 coding plug in the cluster (everything on the cluster worked) and I put in my coding plug from a '88 325i which fixed the tach signal but the odometer and trip guage stopped working? I didn't think these two things were related at all and I did not remove the guage cluster so I don't know why this would have happened....

Anyone have any thoughts?
    83 500 SEC.....aired and then some
    87 420 SEL......on 20" D's
    99 M3..............twinscrewed and wallet hungry

Originally posted by G60 CAB View Post
    My friend just bought a plastic bumpered 325i and for some reason it had an M10 coding plug in the cluster (everything on the cluster worked) and I put in my coding plug from a '88 325i which fixed the tach signal but the odometer and trip guage stopped working? I didn't think these two things were related at all and I did not remove the guage cluster so I don't know why this would have happened....

Anyone have any thoughts?
    I don't think they're related issues.

My guess would be the odometer gears were right on the verge of falling apart, like in most e30s, then removing the cluster and moving it around and stuff was probably "the straw that broke the camels back"

When my odometer gears failed it happened when I pushed the trip reset button, did you by chance do that?

Comment

Working...
    X