E30 speaker size/mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 speaker size/mods

I know that E30s came standard with 5 1/4" speakers, but is there any way to put bigger speakers in the front w/o having to put them in the door cards? I was looking at a 6 1/2" Infinity and I would love to fit that nicely still in the kick panel.

TIA
    matt

you have to do some cutting, and make sure they are not too deep for the hole
    -Andy

Comment

Originally posted by threlevenguy View Post
      I know that E30s came standard with 5 1/4" speakers, but is there any way to put bigger speakers in the front w/o having to put them in the door cards? I was looking at a 6 1/2" Infinity and I would love to fit that nicely still in the kick panel.

TIA
      matt
      Fuck, you can barely get Infinity 5.25s in with the big ass surround on them.

Do you plan on using high pass filters on the front? You need to limit excursion somehow.

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

high pass filters and excursion are terms i dont really know haha. I'm a noob when it comes to audio. The main reason I'm upgrading is because I get rediculous discounts on Infinity as I work at Best Buy. Cutting doesn't scare me though, I just want to make sure they don't stick out and become an abusive piece to peoples' feet.

Comment

Originally posted by threlevenguy View Post
          high pass filters and excursion are terms i dont really know haha. I'm a noob when it comes to audio. The main reason I'm upgrading is because I get rediculous discounts on Infinity as I work at Best Buy. Cutting doesn't scare me though, I just want to make sure they don't stick out and become an abusive piece to peoples' feet.
          OK, so a "high pass filter" is just what it sounds like...it is a filter that lets only the "highs" pass through. This makes a far cleaner and clearer sound, plus it handles FAR more power.

Excursion is basiclly cone movement...and if the speaker isn't trying to make bass, it won't move much...so do the Kappa 5.25 components up front, the reference componenets in the rear and the new Kappa 5 channel on a Kappa 10" DVC woofer...in one of my boxes.

You will shit bricks.

Luke

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
          X