Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob needs head unit install help

So my old Sony head unit took a crap and I'm getting this:

The only one I could find for under $150 with CD/ipod support/3 sets of pre-outs. I bought the car with two amps (?) and a sub in the trunk. Tried searching but am still very confused. Since I already have an aftermarket unit in there would install be relatively simple (plug and play)? Or will I need to do wiring/get some sort of install kit? Any good guides out there? Sorry for being a complete noob.
    88 325is

If your car already had an aftermarket deck, you will need to wire up a few wire (+12, ground, illumination, power antenna) And the rest should be RCA's. Its relatively easy if you look in the owners manual for the headunit
    harry/harout

Comment

Clarion dxz785usb is another HU that meets the specs for the money. If you haven't already purchase the other.
      -tim
      Originally posted by Jordan
      I like the stance
      -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Remember on that Kenwood that the blue goes to white and the blue/white goes to whatever turns the amps on, generally a blue wire.
        GL!

ps I love that deck.

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
        X