Gremlins!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gremlins!

Did a little bit of searching...but found no answers. To start, I have an 86 325es. I believe I have a gremlin in my electrical system somewhere. I installed a sound system...nothing really all that special to brag about...just some shit I had sitting on a shelf in the garage. I first used the factory amp to drive my component speakers for mids n highs...had terrible alt whine. Tried remote grounding, moving cables. Rca's are all run down the drivers side of the car away from the battery cable. Still whining......installed a different 4 channel amp for mids n highs, unhooked speaker leads from deck, ran more rca's.....same whine just not as bad. I know my pass front crossover is picking up some whine from what I'm guessing to be the ecu, since with the stereo shut off.....it still whines from the tweeter slightly. Also, my known good sub amp. An old crossfire from back in the day....it keeps blowing fuses on the daily. Put it in my wifes car and it worked flawlessly for 3 weeks...first day back in my car today and whammo.....made it half way to work before the fuses blew. Both amps are grounded and powered directly from the batt. in the trunk...at the moment for the sake of tracking down this gremlin, they have velcro stuck to the back of them and are sitting on the floor stuck to the carpet so they arent sliding around. Now the other thing I noticed, I stopped for gas this a.m. and went in to get some cupcakes and coffee......left the car running with the lights on when I pulled up to the store after pumping gas......I noticed that with my headlights on low beam......the high beams are just barely on.....only enough to see the filaments in the bulbs lighting up. I think I have a grounding issue. Are there any common places to check before I spend potentially an entire weekend searching? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

BUT THIS!!!!! http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=194272
Working...
X