Maplight Mirror Switch Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maplight Mirror Switch Questions

Hey guys. I've got a maplight mirror waiting to be installed, but first I wanted to see if you guys knew of any way to rig it so that the lights on the mirror will also come on when the door is opened. I took the switch out and see that it has a place for a third spade, but the rocker part looks like it's two position only. I also read somewhere on here that perhaps the switch out of an older 7 series (or E36 for that matter as they look the same) could be used. I took apart one from an old 5 series that looked like it might work, but the switch is soldered in and I'm not sure how one would go about getting it into the maplight anyway.

Any takers? I know it seems like a lot of trouble, but there must be a way to make what I am trying for to happen.

TIA!

You could power it from your dome light circuit, run a wire under headliner. You would have to leave the switches on and it would only work when the dome light is on. Or you could power it normally and then add a wire from your dome light circuit to the closed side of the switch or switches before the lights. This would enable it to function independently of the dome circuit as well. I have not done this and have no idea what the inside of the mirror looks like, I am assuming that there are some wires that you could tap into. You should not have to do anything to the ground wire. I have been thinking about doing this as well...it is dark in my cabin at night and my big fat head casting a big fat shadow from the driver side light does not help any...good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X