Factory BMW alarms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory BMW alarms.

Does anyone here have a factory alarm installed by BMW? or have you ever seen one yourself?
    I parted out a 91 325is and it had one of these installed. The only thing missing was the remotes. From searching around with Japandrew73's help we seem to have found some info on it.
    Seems to only come in late 90 and up E30's. Was a rare dealer installed option. So if you have one or have any photos of one post them up.

This is the one I have.

In the off chance that the fucking pile of shit still works, you will have to do some stuff to make it fly in an E30, more than likely.

Most of those were installed in E34s or E32s. Both of those cars use positive door lock circuits, so you will need to use relays to switch that over to negative trigger for keyless entry. Not hard to do, but does require 2 relays.

You can code new transmitters to that brain. I think Alpine can still sell them to you.

GL!
    Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
      In the off chance that the fucking pile of shit still works, you will have to do some stuff to make it fly in an E30, more than likely.

Most of those were installed in E34s or E32s. Both of those cars use positive door lock circuits, so you will need to use relays to switch that over to negative trigger for keyless entry. Not hard to do, but does require 2 relays.

You can code new transmitters to that brain. I think Alpine can still sell them to you.

GL!
      Luke
      Wow, you didn't use ANY profanity while talking about this.. Good Job!

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
        Wow, you didn't use HARDLY ANY profanity while talking about this.. Good Job!
        fixed.

I hate your MTechs' alarm, too.

Haha.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

I found one of those alarms in my '92 325ic mtech about a month ago. Unit itself is still hooked up right by the ECU in the glovebox.

Car came without the remote, so I don't know if it works or not. I called my contact at the dealer, and they said the chip kit and remote where no longer available to purchase through BMW.

He was a bit confused to hear of this alarm installed in an e30... His only suggestion for me was to try contacting alpine and seeing if they could help me get a remote and chip kit to see if the alarm still works.

If anyone has any additional details about these alarms it would be great. I did not have the motivation yet to contact Alpine. Lost interest, and felt as though I was running in circles to try to get this alarm working when there is a possibility on top of it all that it is defective at this point.

Comment

1-800-alpine-1

Closing SOON!

Comment

This was actually installed in a E30. I found two other threads with them installed in E30s as well.
              I dont know if it still works or not. I would test it but dont really feel like wasting money on remotes right now.

Comment

I have one in my 325ic that I originaly stole out of a 91 318is.

Works mint!!
                93 E30 325ic BrilliantRot M20B25 TCD S2+ GS637BZ CT3582R MS2

Bought from or sold to me?
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=200290

Comment

I have two of these alarms in parts, i've had them in and out of my car trying to get it to work properly but these alarms are quite finicky.

-Cam
                  Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

Working...
                  X