Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finishing off the trunk setup, finally. (new pics added)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finishing off the trunk setup, finally. (new pics added)

I finally finished up the trunk. I got my JL Audio 300/4 amp the other day and installed it aside the 250/1.

The flash makes the new carpet seem alot darker, but its really pretty damn close. Best match to the OE carpet I could find.

New pictures added 11-21-04 10:15am.

Anyways, my system specs are as follows.

Tuned for sound quality, not ghetto bass. Sound is tight, clear and loud. Mmmm.

Alpine CDM-9803 Headunit

JL Audio 250/1 subwoofer amp
    JL Audio 10W3v2 subwoofer
    1.5 net cu. ft. ported box tuned to 30Hz firing into the cabin, and up through the custom rear deck.

JL Audio 300/4 feeding 75watts RMS into 4 channels:

Front sound stage only! No rear speakers.

RTC 19 - MB Quart Reference Tweeter x2
    RWC160 - 6.5 MB Quart Reference Midbass x2

God damn does it play loud crisp and clear, and all the bass stays inside the car. No rattles outside the car.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

more pics.

www.stancefactory.com

Comment

Here is one from the original fitting of the box and the port exit.

Port exit is now cleaned up with a aeroport and it comes through a custom all black rear deck.

I will take more pictures tomorrow when I have light.

Comment

Carpet looks similar to what I used.

Looks clean.

Sold it.

Comment

Looks Allright ! Good job..

Comment

Originally posted by Hubbert
            Looks Allright ! Good job..
            Ha, I thought YOU would be happy to see it finished off.

Comment

Jordan, not that you need to hear this...but, the car really has turned out fantastic.
              Trevor Ely
              '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
              '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Would like to see pics of your custom rear deck , I must say, I'm very impressed with all the work you have done to your ride, and then took the time to make a web site and post all those pics ...well done Jordon .
                P.S I still think your an Ass, relax I'm just jokin ! To do what you have done , In a car port to boot ! You have done a great job . I know what it's all about, I built mine in a single car garage ...

Comment

You can call me an ass all you want, it doesn't offend me. All people (sooner or later) come to realize I'm not trying to be an ass, thats just me.

Anyhoooo. Thanks for the feedback. I will take better pictures of the amps/false panel and the rear deck/port outlet tomorrow.

Comment

beautiful. :up:

sometimes i feel like i'm not adequately using my 600.4 PPI amp with the shitty speakers i have.

One of these days i'll get some better speakers (shitty blown mb quarts from P.O. in there right now :roll:) and get some bass reproduction going on. Can't decide on how i want to do it.

I had some crazy ideas for having a box that straddles the rear hump and had an 8" woofer in it, also thought of the smaller box with an 8" mounted to the rear decklid.

The way my amp is mounted right now doesn't leave me with alot of room for flexibility, i should get some pics up later.

Either way, looks great, jordan, keep up the goodies.
                    Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
                    Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

now that you have a clean-looking install you can get ahold of pbmw :o . the carpet looks just fine. i'm picky about things like you, but as far as those pics go I don't see anything wrong at all. nice work.

btw it's kind of hard to tell. how exactly did you mount those? are they flush or is there an angled recess (thats what it looks like to me)?
                      I retired my E30 for now...
                      E46 323i
                      David Schultz

Comment

Looks to be a very clean install (like the whole car :D ) and looks fantastic. Can't wait to see more pics in the light.

Pete

Comment

Ya i dunno what i sounds like now, but last weekend it sounded extremly clear and very very nice..... it made me so freakin jealous and thats only with front speakers no rears and a small sub in a very nicely made box. Jordan screw you and your damn nice car! 8)

Comment

Jordan, where did you learn to do all these things? Because I would say that your car looks more professional than most professionally done cars.

However, I hate your car, I think it sucks, I think that the new stereo system sucks, who the fuck gets a single 10" sub? Get couple 12s at least, and 1500watts at least. Your system doesn't even have any plexiglass or neons.

I'm so jealous, you have pretty much everything that I want on my car.

:D
                            ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Originally posted by royalflush313
                              Jordan, where did you learn to do all these things? Because I would say that your car looks more professional than most professionally done cars.
                              I dunno. I just do shit, and it turns out good. Else I redo it.

It's always been that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X