audio distortion after dead battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

audio distortion after dead battery

Has anyone had this happen? After I let my car sit for 8 months without use and the battery still connected (i know this is bad), the battery died completely. I jumped it to get it to the repair shop, and when I used the stereo, I noticed treble distortion. At first I thought it was that the bass had cut out - everything sounded very trebley - but now I think it might be a problem with the treble distorting.

I hoped that with a new battery, this problem might be magically solved, but unfortunately, it persists. I have a 325is with the premium stereo, and the head-unit was replaced with an aftermarket Alpine. I don't think it's a question of whole speakers having ceased to function - I tried fading and changing the balance, but audio was coming out from each speaker.

Has anyone had this problem? Any thoughts?

Do you know if the amp was bypassed?

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Yes, I'm pretty sure it was.

Comment

If so, your deck might be toast.

Grab something to use as a test speaker, pull the deck and connect the speaker: listen.

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
        X