I'm probably getting this for my cabrio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm probably getting this for my cabrio

My wife is getting me a car stereo for Hannukkah and I'm thinking of the Clarion ProAudio DXZ845MC. It has MP3, WMA playback plus 128MB of storage to rip about 6 CD's to its memory. Its black and the illumination can be changed to match the E30 pretty close. Crutchfield has it on sale for $249 + another $30 for their interface kit to use with the factory premium sound system. What do you guys think?

rewire when you install.

rewire

rewire

rewire

you wont want to mess with the factory amp/etc anyway. that deck is 18w rms, and the factory amp is only 15 IIRC.

looks like a decent deck, too. Post up some pics with it installed :)
    My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

i have the 645, the one without the builtin harddrive.

I think that the harddrive is kinda pointless. I asked and it can't be upgraded. 128mb, i don't really see how you could rip 6 CDs in it, unless they were all 8 track albums or something. . . Most of my albums that I rip onto the CD are like 60-90MBs.

If you like the harddrive feature, it would make much much more sene to get a MP3 player like an Ipod, but thats just me.

Overall I love my deck. 645-745-845 are basically the same deck, except for few features here and there (motorized headunit, harddrive etc). So Regardless of which one of the three you pick, I'm sure you will like it.
      ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

I'm not getting it for the 128MB drive. I have an iPod. This deck is on sale and has nice specs. I've also condidered the Nakamichi CD-400

Comment

I just installed the 745mp in my car last night. The illumination matches PERFECTLY! It picked it up on eBay for $250 shipped to my door.

I was also considering the 845mc, but the 745mp is far superior deck to the 845mc. It has a WAY better DAC for the CD player.

If you can shell out the ~$300 or so for a CD-400 on eBay, I'd say go for it. But don't expect to get much service from Nak, as they've gone out of busniness... again...
          Originally posted by Gruelius
          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by royalflush313
            645-745-845 are basically the same deck
            Not exactly. The 845 is pretty much the 645 with a motorized face and an internal hard-drive. However, the CD player section of the 745 is very different than the 645 or 845, and it's much better. The 745 is definitely the best deck out of the three.

Comment

Originally posted by mgold
              I'm not getting it for the 128MB drive. I have an iPod. This deck is on sale and has nice specs. I've also condidered the Nakamichi CD-400
              then get a 745, it has a nicer display than the 645, and you get a motorized faceplate (though it's one more thing that you gotta worry about breakin - i havent had good luck with motorized face plates.)
              ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
                645-745-845 are basically the same deck
                Not exactly. The 845 is pretty much the 645 with a motorized face and an internal hard-drive. However, the CD player section of the 745 is very different than the 645 or 845, and it's much better. The 745 is definitely the best deck out of the three.
                o really, i didn't know that.

well 745 it is then.

So what's so different about the 745 that makes is so much better than the 645 and 845?
                ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

So what's so different about the 745 that makes is so much better than the 645 and 845?
                  Dual 24-bit DACs for the CD player.

Comment

745 looks very nice but mucho dinero. I wasn't going to spend more than $200 originally but my wife was feeling generous. So we'll see. I may shop around some more. As for true audio quality, lets not forget I have a cabrio. They are noisy with the top up or down :)

Comment

Wow, that's an awesome deck. Very nice looking.

Comment

I also found this little goody at Crutchfield also for $249, the JVC Arsenal KD-AR 3000. Pretty similar in most of the specs.

Comment

I also found this little goody at Crutchfield also for $249, the JVC Arsenal KD-AR 3000. Pretty similar in most of the specs.
                          It looks like it belongs on the Starship Enterprise .

If you're considering the 845mc, and you don't care at all about the internal hard-drive, then get the 645mp. It's the same exact deck (minus the motorized faceplate). All you're paying for with the 845 is the internal harddrive.

Comment

If you're considering the 845mc, and you don't care at all about the internal hard-drive, then get the 645mp. It's the same exact deck (minus the motorized faceplate). All you're paying for with the 845 is the internal harddrive.
                            Yeah but the 645 is $50 more

Comment

Yeah but the 645 is $50 more
                              haha where are you finding these prices? In that case get the 845, you'll be lookin' at the better display and using the motorized faceplate feature ;)

That JVC deck also have changeable colors right? I was looking at few JVC decks before as well - only downside with JVC, is that there are couple buttons that stay blue and do not change colors.
                              If you are looking for a MP3 CD player that matches the BMW interior, the Clarion decks are the only ones that I'm aware of.

kencooperwheat:
                              Dual 24-bit DACs for the CD player? As opposed to? And what is it better to have this :?
                              ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Working...
                              X