Looking for a new head unit w/ BT & Ipod connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a new head unit w/ BT & Ipod connection

I want to replace my older Alpine with a h/u that has BT and a Ipod connection. Can anyone recommend me a brand and model number of a new h/u? I want to spend around 250. Thanks.

Kenwood kdc-x993.
    Amber illumination, great bt support (pelican), usb port for ipod or usb storage device, doesn't look ricey, great sound control options.
    Otoh, the display is hard to read during the day.
    Project
    Feedback

Comment

Thanks

I have read your topic. What's useful innformation for my job.
      I do agree with you. Those are the most effective way
      have a blessed day
      Pictures of liposuction before and after - Prices and cost of laser liposuction

Comment

Originally posted by vulhaptre View Post
        have a blessed day
        wtf mate?!
        IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by vulhaptre View Post
          have a blessed day
          My car eats bentley manuals.

Comment

Apparently forums are getting spam now as well.

To stay on topic:
            I've been pleased with JVCs offerings. Most of their currently available units can be switched to red illumination. My current one is the KD-A805, which also does BT and iPod control natively.
            "Listen!...Do you smell something?"

1994 540iT/6 (For Sale)
            2003 Civic Hybrid
            2000 KLX365
            1990 FZR400

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
            1 click. I went to the BMW M10 page and picked something completely unrelated--"torque."

Comment

I have the older version of the Alpine IDA-X303 but I believe that this does allow you to change the color to an Amber/Red like many other alpine units I've used have. I absolutely love mine, complete iPod integration so that I never even have to touch my iPod, it's controlled entirely through the interface, full USB support for flash drive audio (FAT32 HDD Format), I'm running a 250GB HDD with mine and it banks every song perfectly with full MP3, AIFF, WAV, WMA and more formats. HD and SAT/XM ready and complete bluetooth integration is just a couple bux more for the add-an. Power output is great, sound quality is top notch (I'm running a complete Type-R Speaker system). It's a very easy system to learn with the scroll wheel and plenty of tuning capabilities. I HIGHLY Recommmend it!

stephenbrody.com

Comment

I just put the Alpine CDA-105 in mine. It can be switched to illuminate red and is iPod friendly for under $200.
                I replaced an older Alpine unit and didn't even have to rewire.
                I couldn't find a pic with the red buttons... so blue it is:
                sigpic

Comment

I just did a IDA-X305 with the BT box in a '92 cabby.

WHY does Alpine have to suck? They are such a bunch of fuckwads.

Why is that deck the same chassis size as a normal deck? I will tell you why...because it is cheaper, thats why. Why doesn't the controls ALL change to red? Oh yeah...because its cheaper. Why don't the new models come with their shitty "I-Port" cable? Oh yeah...because its cheaper. How many states have handsfree laws, and why do you have to add a second box when there is a ton of room in this fucking empty box of a deck...go ahead, guess...I will give you three tries...oh yeah, IT'S FUCKING CHEAPER!

If you guys knew the company I used to know, back in 1983 or so, you would not even have alpine on your radar. Every damn product they make, they just find some crappy way to make it cheaper.

Wanna make your super bitchin "Type R" components sound better? Bypass the shitty tantalum capacitor they use for tweeter protection. Real tweeter protection is a goddamn light bulb, how much could that cost? How much did those fags save? The typical idiot driver couldn't hear the difference if it smacked him in the head, and thanks to the retards at Alpine, they never get the fucking chance to actually LEARN how to listen!

Closing SOON!
                  "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                    I just did a IDA-X305 with the BT box in a '92 cabby.

WHY does Alpine have to suck? They are such a bunch of fuckwads.

Why is that deck the same chassis size as a normal deck? I will tell you why...because it is cheaper, thats why. Why doesn't the controls ALL change to red? Oh yeah...because its cheaper. Why don't the new models come with their shitty "I-Port" cable? Oh yeah...because its cheaper. How many states have handsfree laws, and why do you have to add a second box when there is a ton of room in this fucking empty box of a deck...go ahead, guess...I will give you three tries...oh yeah, IT'S FUCKING CHEAPER!

If you guys knew the company I used to know, back in 1983 or so, you would not even have alpine on your radar. Every damn product they make, they just find some crappy way to make it cheaper.

Wanna make your super bitchin "Type R" components sound better? Bypass the shitty tantalum capacitor they use for tweeter protection. Real tweeter protection is a goddamn light bulb, how much could that cost? How much did those fags save? The typical idiot driver couldn't hear the difference if it smacked him in the head, and thanks to the retards at Alpine, they never get the fucking chance to actually LEARN how to listen!
                    I agree but they do make some kickass show demonstration cars(half sarcasm ).

I always thought in their iDA series, the should've made the extra internal space useful with built in high wattage amplification or a trick DSP setup.

The thing I find rediculous is their double din setup with nav where they make you buy that optional blackbird to use the nav. F'in rediculous and it makes the Pioneer double din Nav units w/voice activation seem like a no brainer.

[rant mode off]

Comment

Yeah, wait until you use one of those Pioneer nav decks...you are halfway to work before you get to use the POS!

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

I somewhat agree since the oldest Alpine I've owned is the 9857, and that thing was craptons better than my iDA-X100 or whatever. There was actually a time when I had to unplug the harness from the radio because the radio just froze. :hitler:

That and for some reason, hitting the back button usually does nothing. I've found that it helps to narrow my iPod down from all songs to a cd, then the back button actually goes to the previous song. It's still ridiculous that the head unit can't handle iPods with large libraries. Whereas, if I hook my iPod up to my 9857, everything works flawlessly.

Older = better, evidently.

Matt
                        Matt

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
                        I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
                        Originally posted by kronus
                        try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"
                        Originally posted by chadthestampede
                        This is like a reverse build thread; it starts out nice and gets shitty.

Comment

That IDA-X305 kicked balls with a 16G flash drive...perfect everything. Even my Samsung Instinct synced perfectly and worked great with BT music.

Closing SOON!

Comment

See that pisses me off because the X100 sucks with a lot of music. I've got like 15000 songs so it lags (even with Alpine's "super duper amazing high speed connection") and it doesn't have number buttons so it doesn't do that "percentage jump" thing.

Evidently Alpine realized they fubar'd that and put those features back in the X305.

Epic phail.

Matt
                            Matt

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
                            I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
                            Originally posted by kronus
                            try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"
                            Originally posted by chadthestampede
                            This is like a reverse build thread; it starts out nice and gets shitty.

Comment

Does Alpine make one with a built in BT instead of that extra box?

I answered my own question..

Alpine CDE-103BT
                              Last edited by ACMF74; 10-05-2009, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X