OBC Went Dim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBC Went Dim

I still don't know too much about E30's. Is there bulbs behind the OBC that can go out or is it some type of switch or something that goes out? I can't read the time/temp/mpg/etc. anymore.

And how do you take it out? Any secret method? I assume take out radio maybe? Glove box left side?

Thanks guys!

Wade

you have to remove the panel that holds the OBC, HVAC, stereo, etc. Then the backlight piece slides out of the side of the OBC, and you slide in a new one.

Comment

they can break. you can buy a new one for a decent price. people on here make and sell them.
      Originally posted by Beej '86 325es
      every time an M-tech 1 spoiler is destroyed, a baby seal dies.
      Originally posted by Jparkr
      The last thing we need are more of the retards on here thinking they are engineers too.
      87 325:83 jetta coupe:99 volvo c70:99 volvo s70

Comment

Check these two links they have all the info you need.

I've 'read' many posts, but without pics, it's hard to get a good visual. Well I have now repaired both my lights in each on me e30's. Here is my official write up and most importantly pictures! This version is the short cut (read: time saving) version versus complete removal of the front panel/fas

Comment

Hey thanks guys! Much appreciated.

Comment

Be careful. The Pelican write up skips a screw that you have to take out, on the left hand side of the OBC. I nearly tore mine up before slowing down and thinking about it. Otherwise, fairly easy to fix and not expensive.
            Cochran
            '88 325iC - daily driver, work in progress

Comment

If your SI board is on the fritz the OBC can stop lighting up too.

Comment

Working...
              X