harness disconnect tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

harness disconnect tool?

Is there a tool(s) for disconnecting pin connectors from the plastic connector housing? something that can depress the little tongues so i can slip the wire with pin out?

basically, what tools would i need to:
    - be able to replace a broken Idle control valve connector without cutting and soldering (i have a used clipped connector from junk yard)
    - replace my shiffer rubber insulator that the reverse light switch cable passes through (the connector is too large to pass through the hole)
    - replace the female/male pins in the door jam connector with new BMW ones, and crimp them properly

is there some sort of BMW harness repair tool kit out there?
    90 E30 325i

bump
    90 E30 325i

Comment

if your asking how to take a pin out of the C101 then yes you need a special tool.
      It is about 600.00 from the dealer. If you have access to a lathe you can make your own tool like my buddy Eric did for me...

Comment

do you have the right measurements? anymore details?
        90 E30 325i

Comment

bump
          90 E30 325i

Comment

or you can get the tool from radioshack for about $10 i think.

only thing you have to do to make it work is unscrew the thing apart and use it in sections because the pins in the C101 are longer than normal molex connectors.

that's how i got my brother's harness made up for him.

Comment

A tube just slightly bigger then the pin is around should work. Just slip it over the pin and pull the pin out from the backside. The tube compresses the tabs into the pin so you can pull it out.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
                A tube just slightly bigger then the pin is around should work. Just slip it over the pin and pull the pin out from the backside. The tube compresses the tabs into the pin so you can pull it out.
                yeah but finding a perfectly sized tube is nearly impossible. i tried and never got anything that worked well.
                90 E30 325i

Comment

You just didn't look hard enough. McMaster.com has brass tubing in sizes ranging from 0.035" to 2.37" and 1.1mm to 9.1mm. Measure one of the pins and get the closest size tube they have.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
                    You just didn't look hard enough. McMaster.com has brass tubing in sizes ranging from 0.035" to 2.37" and 1.1mm to 9.1mm. Measure one of the pins and get the closest size tube they have.
                    im not allowed to order from mcmaster because im canadian :???:
                    90 E30 325i

Comment

Another reason why being Canadian sucks.

j/k

Comment

Go to home depot they carry a large line of watts fittings/tubing, you could make a tool like this guy for the e46 radio harness.

Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

stahlwille kabelex
                          [IMG]http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/

Comment

Originally posted by stumble_t View Post
                            stahlwille kabelex
                            yeah thats the tool i need, but dam! expensive
                            90 E30 325i

Comment

Working...
                            X