lost tweeter for hd-62's what should i replace them with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lost tweeter for hd-62's what should i replace them with

So some how a tweeter has managed to walk away out of the box on me. What should i use as a replacement set of tweeters. I have heard really good things about the xt25 tweets which i believe are about $60 a piece and handle 150rms. Other than that any ideas guys? Thanks much appreciated.
    89 325i parts car
    90 325i in progress
    ground control 400f 700r-koni adjustables-koni adjustable sways-reinforced control arms-ground control camber plates-e36 cabrio shock mounts-4.10 lsd-5 speed swap in the works
    --tryng to join the schwarz army one day at a time--sigpic

i have come down to basically three tweeters:
    cdt-tw25
    peerless hds-810921 (large format but supposed to be fantastic)
    rainbow cal-25
    any thoughts would be great
    89 325i parts car
    90 325i in progress
    ground control 400f 700r-koni adjustables-koni adjustable sways-reinforced control arms-ground control camber plates-e36 cabrio shock mounts-4.10 lsd-5 speed swap in the works

Comment

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I've used vifa xt25s (if those are the same you are thinking about)... they are BIG and they don't like to be crossed over low. So keep that in mind.

I love my scanspeaks 9500s but I would never put them in a car lol
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
          Ohhh car audio verion of xt25 nice! Way smaller than regular xt25.

Still - fs1060Hz

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
            Ohhh car audio verion of xt25 nice! Way smaller than regular xt25.

Still - fs1060Hz
            Yeah, and with me being careful to not hurt drivers, I would rock those at 18db/oct at 4.5Khz if active!

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

i will be running them through my cdt crossover for now which crosses over at 3.2khz. would that be ok for this tweeter? also those tweeters only handle 20wrms. Will they handle more than that ok?
              89 325i parts car
              90 325i in progress

Comment

I am probably going to run the peerless. I have been told that they sound great in a kick panel tweeter location. With my mid in the door it can't hurt to try them out. i have stock premium housings but i will just leave them there for looks to confuse people i guess for now.
                89 325i parts car
                90 325i in progress

Comment

Tweeting at your feet? Nope, no thanks.

Check your crossover frequencies if changing from 4 ohm (or whatever the CDT were) to 8 ohm, as it will either halve or double.

Closing SOON!

Comment

they they are 4 ohm
                    89 325i parts car
                    90 325i in progress

Comment

Originally posted by brn2ply7 View Post
                      i will be running them through my cdt crossover for now which crosses over at 3.2khz. would that be ok for this tweeter? also those tweeters only handle 20wrms. Will they handle more than that ok?
                      Which crossover is that? Usually designated by a big "Satnet XXX" on them. I used to run the classic series, and while the set was rated at 90w rms, they handled 220w rms for years. The 456 crossovers didn't really like it, so I bought 520's. I know the crossover was just trying to protect the tweeter, but I say it could have taken it easily.

They would have survived all the abuse if it wasn't for a leaky door seal and water damage. I've had a better set (pieced together, so I don't know what it would compare to in their line) waiting for my 4runner, but I'm lazy.

Comment

Tweeters only get a small % of the power going to the passive crossover, compared to the mid ;)

Comment

Working...
                        X