amp/headunit settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amp/headunit settings

So i just finished installing my PPI 356cs speakers into my doors, got em hooked up to this amp: (bridged to two channels)

running off a pioneer P6000UB deck.

Im leaving for NYC tomorrow for new years, and do not really have time to mess with all the settings, HPF and all that right now, so if anyone (Luke) could tell me what to set the amp to....ie gain, crossover freq, and any other knobs, as well as anything on the deck to make it sound decent for the ride, when I get back I'll do some more research and tune it to my likings, but thats all I'm looking for now....

ps. no subwoofer hooked up yet.

ps. I know its a pretty basic question, but I really do not have time to figure it out myself right now (flame suit on), and I cant drive 5 hours without any music. Thanks again
    1991 318is ---230K - DD
    1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
    so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

There are LOTS more guys than me that know this stuff on this here board...but thanks!

If you have no sub you could run "full range" and be damn careful, or maybe like 40hz to 60Hz in high pass.

Try for no hip-hop or "house" stuff...don't smoke your new speakers!

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

yeah i was thinking about 80-100hz, just cause I will be putting int he subwoofer after the trip, so i might as well fuck with the amp just once, but what settings and slope (i dont know what this is, just heard it around audio forums) would you suggest on the deck? thanks

i listen to maybe one rap song out of a 100, and its probably just top 40, that is thrown in on my ipod to satisfy the masses, i mainly listen to classic rock and 80s hair metal.
      1991 318is ---230K - DD
      1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
      so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Can you post a couple of pictures of the components in the doors?

Comment

Working...
        X