Pretty sure that this is a good deal: CD43

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I paid that much for mine.
    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

How much do they usually go for? I'm tempted.
      Originally posted by Gruelius
      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

You should wait till somebody who knows more than me chimes in, but I think that they usually go for $275-$300.

$235 shipped looks sweet to me.

Comment

This not the official bmw one... These were the ones used in Rovers in the UK. Supposedly they are identical, except that this one has the sideways //M logo covering the Rover emblem - instead of the BMW Business writing.

I nearly bought one of these, but decided to get the real deal one for around $50 or so more. From that same buyer, Robmarrs. He was very good.

Comment

He's a nice seller - and he'll admit to them being rover players if you ask him.
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Yep, that's a good deal. I bought one of those from the same seller for, I think, $250 shipped. Put it in a '95 M3 and it made a NOTICEABLE improvement in sound quality over the C33 just by switching decks.
              If you think I'm good...wait 'till you see my nephew - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Didn't realize that this was a Rover model. Makes the ///M logo a bit more tacky than it already was. I bought one anyway. Can't wait till it gets here.

Comment

Good price. Not that it's a major issue, but since it's a UK unit Radio tuning might be a little off?
                  Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                    Good price. Not that it's a major issue, but since it's a UK unit Radio tuning might be a little off?
                    Almost guaranteed to be, unless it has a setting to change the locale or it automatically adjusts.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                    i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                    Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                      I don't think it should matter. US FM spacing goes 99.1, 99.3, 99.5, etc. In Europe they just go 99.1, 99.2, 99.3, etc. Not sure about the AM spacing though (never listen to it).

Nürburgring info

Comment

I've got just picked up one of these Rover units. There are instructions to switch between US, Europe, Japan mode, among others. Exactly like the BMW CD43 unit except for the ///M sticker. I have both units.

Oh, I should edit and say that the BMW one is made in Germany while the Rover one is made in Portugal.

Comment

No tuning issues on mine. Though, to be honest, I only use my iPhone as the main source of music.
                          If you think I'm good...wait 'till you see my nephew - Ayrton Senna

Comment

UK Radio? Stay away

First, it's not from BMW.

MG, Rover, and some other models had this radio.

Second, those radios while versitile, can be a pain.

In the UK they run on Hertz which is a different frequency.

You will have to tinker with the radio in order to set it to US frequencies.

And now here's the kicker. If you do that, the anti-theft code changes.

Good luck trying to get any cooperation from BMW on securing the code when your battery dies. There are plenty of threads on this subject and yes guys owning CD43 without codes.

The M sticker is cheesy and hides the fact that its a stock radio from another manufacturer.

Get one made for BMW for the US. Pay a little more and dont bother with the hassles in the future.

Also, the CD43 for BMW are not all made in germany. I have one.

Comment

I imagine anybody buyng one of these (Rover or BMW ), is smart enough to buy one with a CODE so it's a non issue.

m dudey states the freq. cycle can be changed and he has both units.

Can someone with experience address what AUX input options these have?
                              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Working...
                              X