So...out of necessity I'm alarm shopping...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • accident
    replied
    my alarm remote is painted with a carbon fiber pattern lol

    Leave a comment:


  • quickervicar
    replied
    That key fob is beautiful! I hate to say it, but that alone would make me seriously consider their product. I HATE the cheesy fobs that come with most alarms. They look like they belong in a hacked-up Hyundai @ PepBoys.

    Leave a comment:


  • nadodude111
    replied
    Originally posted by accident
    also: did you need to wire in relays or are the relays built into the control module?
    Nope, all you do is tap splice into the wires under the steering wheel.

    Originally posted by Dirtboy
    Whoa!! More info on this alarm please. How hard was it to get the key cut? Just take it to the local key cutter? Any bad experiences with this alarm? This is VERY tempting...
    The only hard part was tap splicing the power wire to the red ignition wire. It is extremely cramped and the wires are bundled together. Ugh, it was such a bitch, I first had it powered directly from the battery but I was having car issues with it connected straight at the battery. Yup, I first went to BMW to have them cut the keys and they were like, oh all you need to do is take it to a key cutter and they will do it for you. They even gave me the key code to my car for free. Took 2 minutes for the guy to cut the keys.

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Those United alarms are pretty cool, I just wish they were better quality.

    -keep in mind ALL alarms suck these days, not a single glass epoxy circuit board in the world, no overbuilt traces or top quality components on ANY damn alarm out there, but I really do wish these were a bit better.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dirtboy
    replied
    Originally posted by nadodude111
    I got the alarm/keyless entry along with the motion sensor so when the top is down it will go off it it senses motion inside the cabin. Here are some pics of my keys, which is the reason I choose this company, the keys are awesome. You can also chose the E46 style key but I like the flip style.


    Whoa!! More info on this alarm please. How hard was it to get the key cut? Just take it to the local key cutter? Any bad experiences with this alarm? This is VERY tempting...

    Leave a comment:


  • deansbimmer
    replied
    No, unfortunately I did not double lock both doors manually before I went inside for a couple hours in my gated community...

    No extra paperwork for the glock. If anyone is caught with it, its already reported stolen and they'll be fucked; and I'll get it back. In texas I can keep a firearm concealed in my car just as legally as I can in the house.

    I'll look into the UAS stuff. The scytek camera one is a photo camera, not a video camera, and it has a flash. If the thief is aware of its existence, he'll just rip it out. It has to go unnoticed.

    Leave a comment:


  • accident
    replied
    also: did you need to wire in relays or are the relays built into the control module?

    Leave a comment:


  • nadodude111
    replied
    Well this one does not double lock. It says if you double lock it do not try and unlock it with the remote as it can damage the locks.

    Leave a comment:


  • accident
    replied
    afaik the double locking is done via a switch, and they say their systems can double lock some cars. check your manual.

    Leave a comment:


  • nadodude111
    replied
    Originally posted by accident
    does the double locking work?
    You would have to manually double lock it because the key hole has to be turned 180 degrees.

    Leave a comment:


  • accident
    replied
    does the double locking work?

    Leave a comment:


  • nadodude111
    replied
    I got the alarm/keyless entry along with the motion sensor so when the top is down it will go off it it senses motion inside the cabin. Here are some pics of my keys, which is the reason I choose this company, the keys are awesome. You can also chose the E46 style key but I like the flip style.



    Leave a comment:


  • accident
    replied
    http://www.ecarsecurity.com/Scytek_V...ard%208000.htm camera.

    Leave a comment:


  • ak-
    replied
    I'm guessing you have to leave the car in Neutral for the start engine key?
    That's gay.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30nub
    replied
    Wow, those are really nice! This is on 'the list'.

    Leave a comment:

Working...