13 button OBC bulbs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13 button OBC bulbs.

Well my OBC took a crap. Found out it's the thing with the bulbs. don't know exactly what it;s called. If anyone can tell me where I can find it I would be very thankful. below are some pictures to show exactly what it is.
    Attached Files
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

its generally refered to as the ,"light bar", and you can get them from the dealer.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aaron325ix View Post
      its generally refered to as the ,"light bar", and you can get them from the dealer.
      Alright thank you I just ordered one from ebay.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
      VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

If you can solder you can get those bulbs from Radio Shack / Frys....or install LED/resistors instead.
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Are the buttons supposed to light up too, or just the display?
          E30 M52B28

Comment

The buttons are lit using a standard black base 2721MF twist-in 1.2W lamp -- the same as on the instrument cluster. The lamp is wired directly to the dimmer circuit and thus only turns on with the other lighting.

The light bar only illuminates the LCD panel. It's controlled with a simple internal circuit so that it's at full brightness when the headlights are off, yet drops in brightness and dims with headlight switch.

Substituting LEDs and a resistor will result in dimming that doesn't match the rest of the lamps. After a bunch of tests, I found that the Radio Shack 6V lamps were the best replacement.

Comment

Cool- thanks for the info! I'll have a project for Saturday now!
              E30 M52B28

Comment

Saw the thread title and thought you were selling them. Got a little excited. I've got two 13ers w/ no bulbs just sitting...
                - skipping the E36 generation completely -

Originally posted by Stephen
                Alot of newer cars do nothing for me

Comment

Working...
                X