Rear Deck Wiring - Speaker Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Deck Wiring - Speaker Install

I went to wire in my rear speakers this evening and got nothing out of them. I know the speakers are good and the wiring looks pretty poor so I have no doupt as to which is the problem. What I do need to know is does the wiring normally run from one side accross the rear deck to the other side or does the speaker wire normally run from both sides? Right now both sets of wires are coming from the driver's side.

I'm also going to be putting in crossovers for the back set. Which would be better placement: mounted to the underside of the rear deck in the trunk (I'd have to make the nounts or get hardcore velcro) or mounted inside of the rear deck? It's a dark interior so I'm just thinking in terms of the crossovers getting to hot if the car's left in direct sunlight.

If you are doing anything not stock what so ever audio wise.. run ALL NEW SPEAKER WIRE.

Then you know exactly what you have, where it goes, and what it is.

Stock wiring back there is 2 from the drivers side.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

I'm just filling the two holes in the back deck for now, I'll worry about running new wires when I get good speakers for the front and an amp so I can put my subs in. Of course if the wires are dead, as they well may be, then I'll just run all the wires for the back now and be done with it.

Thanks for the help and advice, now to try and impliment it...

Comment

Working...
      X