My speedo stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My speedo stopped working

my speedometers mileage meter just stopped working. anybody can help.

everything else works but the mileage

Comment

you need new odometer gears

odometergears.com i think
      -Andy

Comment

thanks. you are right. i took them apart and their was a tiny orange gear that came off and broke

Comment

Originally posted by kiks View Post
          thanks. you are right. i took them apart and their was a tiny orange gear that came off and broke
          Not in all cases my friend; may have been brittle when you removed it and broke? the other thing which is common is the speed sensor in the diff. they also go sometimes. I had this problem with my 318is.
          sigpic

Comment

RE:My speedo stoppd working

Actually guy in speedo meter inside the speedo head that has gone.All you need is another head, remove the covers to show the back and front of the speedometer bare. remove the needle, behind the head there are two small white plastic pins holding the drive in place. unclip them by moving them to the side, a small screwdriver will do, and pull the unit out. the unit has long pins coming from it that locate into the housing. dont worry about breaking anything as it just slips out and goes back in easily. re- straighten the two plastic pins as they slide straight back into where they came from (before re-inserting), put it all back together but you need to check that the needle is in the correct position as there is no stopper.
            car lease

Comment

Working...
            X