Possible wiring problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible wiring problem?

Hi, recently my Tach, fuel gauge, and temp gauge went out while i was rallying my car. since then i've noticed that the heater fan wont kick on. Now both my reverse lights dont come on either. On top of that when i first start my car sometimes my battery light will be on and my sub wont sound good till i rev the engine up a little, at which point the sub sounds fine and the battery light disappears.. I bought the car a couple months ago and the only problem it had then was the digital computer didnt function normally(which i would love to fix). The car DOES read 360,000mi but it was owned by a bmw mechanic who donated my old totaled e30 into this one. I replaced a blown fuse but that fuse blew out soon as i started the car. Any ideas whats going on? Where can I start? Looking to fix all these problems asap. Thanks!

That's fuse 10 which feeds three green/white-trace wires. One to a relay next to the fuse, other two down into the drivers compartment behind the headlight switchm in a big wiring harness. One of these two wires goes down next to the bottom of the door opening then branches out to 5 seperate locations. One of them is the seatbelt delay relay, ask me I know. This relay was defectice from day one with BMW's crappy QC as a brass strip fell across a hot and ground wiping out the fuse and all gauges plus all dash lights. This brass srtip was to of been soldered to the PC board. I just found the POS relay after cutting that friction POS sticky tape and tracing the wiring harness until at a junction splice. Seperated then located the feed going to ground so all's well. Good hunting as it hasn't been fun.
    Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Working...
    X