New Nakamichi Decks for 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Nakamichi Decks for 2005

Sorry if it's a repost (or just plain old news), but Nakamichi now has two decks, CD-300 & CD-500, and these decks support MP3 playback.

I think these are the first Nakamichi decks that support MP3. The decks pretty simple, as with all Nakamichi decks. But this time around, though I'm not sure how they would match the BMW interior.

Anyone have experience with these decks? And do you know if the illumination color can be changed?

~ Go Canucks Go! ~

The new decks are shit IMO.

Oh, and this is a repost.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
      The new decks are shit IMO.

Oh, and this is a repost.
      haha yah I figured...

I think the deck looks alright, aside from the blue/green screen.

The deck imo, looks 10 times better than most decks out there on the market that plays MP3s.

Hooking up an IPOD would be kinda nice, but since I use it daily off the car, it would be a pain in the ass bringing it inside the car and hooking it up each time I use the car. From that perspective, MP3 CDs are extremely appealing to me.

Sure, the quality may suffer, but in all seriousness, I don't expect much from car audio from the first place - I have no intentions of investing much into it. I don't drive my car to listen to my music, and when I do listen to my music, it's on pretty low anyway.
      ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Originally posted by royalflush313
        Hooking up an IPOD would be kinda nice, but since I use it daily off the car, it would be a pain in the ass bringing it inside the car and hooking it up each time I use the car. From that perspective, MP3 CDs are extremely appealing to me.

Sure, the quality may suffer, but in all seriousness, I don't expect much from car audio from the first place - I have no intentions of investing much into it. I don't drive my car to listen to my music, and when I do listen to my music, it's on pretty low anyway.
        Quality will not suffer going from ipod to mp3 head unit. Digital doesn't drop in quality from copying it.
        84 Maserati Biturbo (broken)
        77 Fiat X1/9 (daily)
        89 MB 190e 2.6 (wife's)

Comment

I dont know much about nakamici or car audio in general but i like the look of them. They fit in nicely with the rest of the dash and look almost stock. How is the quality?

Comment

The CD-500 is a pretty nice deck, at least the specs would leave me to believe so.
            Originally posted by Gruelius
            and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

I have heard that their quality has plunged over the years, and are not the Naks of old.

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

Originally posted by m4ff3w
                Originally posted by royalflush313

Quality will not suffer going from ipod to mp3 head unit. Digital doesn't drop in quality from copying it.
                Yes.

I meant that quality of real CD > MP3 CD.

Many people think that buying a MP3 deck and expecting 'good' sound quality is a bit contradictory, and well it sorta is.

Anyways, it's nice to have someone finally release a MP3 players that don't look like it belongs in a spaceship.
                For my next deck, I think I will be picking up one of those Nak MP3 decks, both for its reputation and its looks.
                ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattE30
                  I have heard that their quality has plunged over the years, and are not the Naks of old.
                  You'd have to do some major revamps of the older Nak's to get them up to the quality of the newer ones. After 4-5 years, every car cd player will need an adjustment to the laser (read: allignment) to opperate at maximum performace levels. I used to have a CD-7 that I thought was half-decent. The CD-45z from about 3-4 years ago is a really nice deck as well. I haven't heard the new CD-400 or CD-500, but I would presume they're better than 90% of the decks out there in the same price range.

Comment

Happy with my CD400 although the amber more closely matches the rear defrost button than the dash. Sound is good and no skip/read issues so far...I agree on the fact that it looks pretty good in the dash as well.

Ed-not using internal amp-
                    1988 E30/S50...now with S52; Track
                    1994 Miata R; ES Solo2
                    1998 Lexus LX470; Wife (Slee'd anyway)
                    2002 BMW 530i; A+ Commuter
                    2002 BMW 325iT; Sport/Premium 5-speed
                    2011 21' EconoTrailer

Comment

I have the CD500 and i love it, nothing comes close to the sound reproduction of CDs. I would say that if you want to play MP3 then buy something cheaper it will be as good.

Andrew

Andrew AT E30zone.co.uk | H23-is | S14

Comment

Where does one buy, I have googled to death and have yet to find anyone who sells Nakamichi car audio, unless I want to buy from a eBayer out of Honk Kong

Comment

You have no local Nak retailers? Start calling some car audio places in your area and ask them if they know where to get them.

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
                            You have no local Nak retailers? Start calling some car audio places in your area and ask them if they know where to get them.
                            Nope, Are local dealer that "use to" sell MB Quart. started selling crap speakers that look like wheels and that kind of stuff :(

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas H
                              Originally posted by kencopperwheat
                              Nope, Are local dealer that "use to" sell MB Quart. started selling crap speakers that look like wheels and that kind of stuff :(
                              Where do you live? Bumsville, CA? Call some place in LA or SF or something and have them mail you one.

Comment

Working...
                              X