Advice for what crossovers to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice for what crossovers to buy

I just got around to ordering my deck last night, which means now I have to decide on crossovers.

Background- Bought car, discovered stereo sounded like poop. Didn't worry about it for the first year, because the engine sounds good anyhow. In the meantime, old deck craps out. Wife complains about no music in car.

I pull out speakers, discover tweeter and woofer have no crossover- wires are simply twisted together. Nice. The speakers are MB Quart- these tweeters are so frigger bright its ridiculous. No wonder the old stereo sounded so poopy. They NEED a crossover where I can drop the power going to them and balance this.

Model is QM130. I've been checking ebay, but I am concerned about getting the same model crossover for the fronts and rears, and haven't found 2 pairs that would match.

Any advice on what/where to get?

Note- I am not looking for audiophile insanity. Just want to not want to gouge my ears out when I put music on.
    E30 M52B28

I have a set of MB Quart crossovers that would be perfect: late model (WAY better than the old stuff) I could ship tomorrow...$25 shipped

Don't buy them unless you are sure all of your speakers are good though. If they won't play, don't waste your money on these.

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

You have PM.
      E30 M52B28

Comment

Working...
      X