Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Wiring Stock Radio

Hello r3v,

When I first purchased my 91 318i, the PO had a relatively crappy Sony HU installed. I tried installing my Nakamichi CD-400 from my E36 325i into my 318i, but for some reason it wouldn't turn on despite getting power (I have heard of QC issues.)

Anyway, I decided I would just get a stock radio from another E30 and just swap it into my car.

After the radio in the mail, I realized that the connections it came with looked slightly different than the connections I would need to hook them up to in the car.

The radio has two connections coming out of the back, as pictured below, while the car has four separate sets of connections as pictured. The wires coming from the radio have two "holes" in each set of connections, while the wires coming from the car have either three or four "holes" in each connections.

Can anybody shed some light on my situation? As you can tell, I am not very familiar with car audio. Thanks a bunch!

-Kyle

Radio

Radio Connections

In-car connections

Nobody?

Comment

Those connections in your car are not stock. Also the black connection with the white and blue wire on the back of the radio, nothing connects to it so you don't have to worry about that one.
      1992 325i Convertible

Comment

Thank youfor the help.

Would it just be best to cut the plastic connectors and just splice the wires together?

Comment

yeppers, cut and splice

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
          X