Question about compatability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about compatability?

Hey fella's I have a quick question. would this deck fit my 325 1987? if so, what are your opinions on it?

more info

Should fit fine, not sure how the 05 Alpine models are but Alpine generally makes great stuff.

Comment

It will fit fine. Note you will have to rewire the speakers to the headunit if your system is still stock.

Comment

That deck is uggggly.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
        https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Any suggestions?

Comment

In the same price range...probably Pioneer DEH-P8MP or DEH-P770MP.

Comment

I bought it, and I installed my new speakers, and I just have to install the headunit. Cept I dunno how...any manuals out there? :( I'm like a blind bat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ducati
                I bought it, and I installed my new speakers, and I just have to install the headunit. Cept I dunno how...any manuals out there? :( I'm like a blind bat.
                Did you buy the Alpine one? I've had both Pioneer and Alpine, and if you picked Alpine, you did the right thing, even if it doesn't look awesome, its too tough to find a good looking headunit for an e30 though.

All the connections are in the owner's manual, you just have to find out what wires are what on the stock deck. e30 wiring booklet would have it, I assume.

Comment

Of course I went with the Alpine, all I need to do is get my hands on the booklet and I'm set.

EDIT - Un fucking beleiveable, A couple days ago I took out the old deck. and today I go to put in the new one, and the red wire (power) isn't there. WTF! So now I have a deck which I can't install WTF do I do..

Comment

It's simply a sit there and find the correct wiring sort of job. It's best to rewire your entire system.

Go to Ryan Stewart's site, he has a pretty good write up.

Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Thank you! 8)

Comment

I have a pioneer headunit for sale just in case your interested...

Comment

Got it installed.

Comment

Working...
                          X