Power window issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power window issue

So I have a 87 325es, I bought the car about two weeks ago and the windows all worked great.

Well about a week ago both windows stopped working. At the time I only had one switch so I figured bad switch. So I got 2 switches... neither one work on either side... so I don't think its that.

So then I changed the fuses (actually all of them) lots of stuff started working that didn't use to (very nice surprise lol).... on thing that didn't work... windows.

So what do you guys think? I'm thinking that my next thing to check out is the power window relay... what do you guys think?

I think you've accidentally hit your window lock out button.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Check your unlabeled button, my friend was randomly pushing it, and I didnt know what it did, was driving it trying to work the windows, pulled over checked all the fuses, ragequit...went in the car and checked the button...it was out, pushed it in all windows worked again...-_-
      1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
      1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
      1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
      1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

So the unlabeled button is actually a window lock? Just to make sure its the one in the dash right. My car is missing the complete console so all I have are the switches (for now).

I was just thinking it wasn't getting power bc the switch lit up at night and then when the window stopped working it no longer lit up. But after a switch change and fuses replaced still nothing.

Comment

Me = retard lol

So I went out pushed that button.. didn't do anything but then I pushed it a little harder till it actually clicked.... boom... windows work... damn did I feel dumb.

Thanks guys lol

Comment

Working...
          X