Help Please Headlights!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Please Headlights!!!!!!!

I am new here and dont have much knowledge about E30's but love these little cars..Make a long story short i have major headlight issues. I have a 87 vert. When i got the car low beams did not work and when put on the high beams all lights came on. Just yesterday my high beams when out also these are sealed beams... :sad:. I was so looking forward going to GutenFest on Sunday.. But if i dont have any working lights going to be a little risky. Maybe a Day trip. I am about 4-5 hours away.

Things i have done so far, checked all fuses and changed the relays, change the light switch.. I had a freind come over and he jumped the lights thru the fuses and they came on. I hope im making a little sense. Also fogs dont work.

Any help is appreciated and if anyone has a temp solution until i get these fixed?

Thanks
    BawaMotorWerks@gmail.com

Pummy

sigpic

just check my windows dont wok either now.. I must have not put the correct relay in .. i have no idea.. unless the relay is bad..
    BawaMotorWerks@gmail.com

Pummy

sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a bad relay. I believe the relay controlling the low,high, and fogs is k8? Might want to double check first.
      -Frank
      1987 325is m50nv (schwarz)
      1990 325is (sterling silber)(sold)
      2001 525i

Comment

Do you know the part number?
        BawaMotorWerks@gmail.com

Pummy

sigpic

Comment

Not off hand. You could walk into the dealership and ask for a quote or just the part number. If they are nice and you go to them as a chill guy they give it to you. I used work at a dealership.

or go to the junkyard and jus pocket every relay in the fuse box lol
          -Frank
          2001 525i

Comment

looks like im headed to the junkyard Sunday!!
            im so fustrated
            BawaMotorWerks@gmail.com

Pummy

sigpic

Comment

Are there any relays under the Sterring wheel, That could cause any of this?
              BawaMotorWerks@gmail.com

Pummy

sigpic

Comment

Unless its ur headlight switch theres nothing under the steering wheel.

if u search the diy section there should be a thread about the fuse box with a diagram showing which relays are which.
                -Frank
                2001 525i

Comment

Working...
                X