OBC/climate control area illumination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBC/climate control area illumination

Just want to see if anyone experience the same issue but do you notice that the brightness of your obc dims a bit and diverts its power/light up the rest of the buttons around it?

if anyone can take a clear shot of their interior area fully lit up, that would be great.

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
    Just want to see if anyone experience the same issue but do you notice that the brightness of your obc dims a bit and diverts its power/light up the rest of the buttons around it?

if anyone can take a clear shot of their interior area fully lit up, that would be great.
    This is actually done by design. The OBC backlight has two bulbs. The backlight is brightest when your parking lights/headlights are off. This is so it can be easily seen during the daylight hours. When it's dark out and you would typically turn on your parking lights/headlights, the OBC backlight dims, accordingly. Unfortunately, with the relatively new law of lights on while raining, it does cause the OBC to be somewhat more difficult to see during daylight hours. But, that's the nature of the beast.
    Last edited by E30is90; 07-24-2010, 09:40 PM.
    sigpic
    over 240,000 miles served
    original owner since Oct. 31, 1989

Comment

ahh great thanks for the reply that sets off some of my ocd. what about the obc buttons? i notice the backlighting on it is dim compared to that on the climate controls.

again, if anyone can take a pic that would be great

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
        ahh great thanks for the reply that sets off some of my ocd. what about the obc buttons? i notice the backlighting on it is dim compared to that on the climate controls.

again, if anyone can take a pic that would be great
        You do know that you can turn your headlight switch clockwise and it will brighten all your dash light bulbs. Did you try that? There's a pretty broad range adjustment there.
        sigpic
        over 240,000 miles served
        original owner since Oct. 31, 1989

Comment

yep. i did do that. its been tough to tell if that is how its supposed to be as i never had experience with a well kept e30

Comment

Working...
          X