complete noob audio question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

complete noob audio question

I did a search on this. I didn't find what I found to be a straight answer to my question. I have an Alpine CDM-7874 head unit, seems like it's a few years old at least. I popped it out to see if it has any auxilary inputs, all I see is a roundish black connection with a lot of pins. I have a spare cd changer lying around with that same connection, which i assume plugs into there. My question is: is that an auxilary input, and can I use that to directly connect an iPod to my head unit? Is there a cable that would hook from an iPod to that plug?

I know nothing about audio, other than I have a cd player, and it works. i'm sure i'll get ripped on for my ignorance, sorry audio systems just have never been a big interest. Hopefully though aside from me giving some of you a good laugh, I can get a straight answer out of this. Thanks.

-Jeff

I got this same thing going in my car, ipod in car=party

you need an aux-in cable (i believe they link off to rca inputs) then you have to buy one of those mini jack to stereo (rca) cables ($12 at best buy), then you just plug the ipod in and set "aux" as your source on your headunit. or you can spend $100 for the ipod connection that allows you to charge and control your ipod from the headunit.

Comment

Working...
    X