Carputer build Update: 9/20/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carputer build Update: 9/20/11

Back in October, I started designing a carputer that would look somewhat normal in an e30. I'm an audio and technology junkie, so I figured it would be a fun project. Well, my car decided it wasn't because it started blowing up.

Now, 11 months later, I have the beginnings of the finished product. My friend and I designed a center console insert that sits right under the HVAC panel. We built it around a Lilliput 7" touchscreen which can be connected to any computer, allowing for use with any front end software, standard programs, and one of the main reasons for the build, the ability to monitor engine management systems.

The next step is to start building the audio system. I'm currently trying to figure out what I want to run as a set-up. The subwoofer being the hardest part because I have a rear ST bar. However, I'm thinking of selling that and getting a Lukebox.

If anyone has any suggestings/ideas, I'd love to hear them. Also, if there is interested, I'd be willing to make more of these. I'm also about to start working on one that will sit behind the ashtray to hold gauges or whatever.

Updated (9/20/11): Okay, so, I have finally finished the screen insert wrapped in black vinyl that matches the stock interior quite well. I have to get some pictures up this week and i'll try to get some video too.

Would anyone be interested if I had these reproduced for a group buy?

Here are some pictures below:

Last edited by livetheride; 09-20-2011, 10:21 AM.

Buy "street deck"
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

neat

Comment

More pics, and maybe a video, please!
        '91 E30 316i
        '97 Rover Mini 1275

Comment

Soon there will be a brace that fits behind the mybox...er...Luke Boxs, possibly the 10 and the 12.

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
            Soon there will be a brace that fits behind the mybox...er...Luke Boxs, possibly the 10 and the 12.

oooOOoo. okay. ST bar is going up for sale today! anyone interested in a ST bar?? lol

Comment

bumping for a group buy

Okay, so, I have finally finished the screen insert wrapped in black vinyl that matches the stock interior quite well. I have to get some pictures up this week and i'll try to get some video too.

Would anyone be interested if I had these reproduced for a group buy?

Comment

get rid of that lillipput. horrible back lighting and it will die in your car

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
                  get rid of that lillipput. horrible back lighting and it will die in your car
                  The back lighting has been up to par for me and has not died yet. I have friends who have the old version of this screen and the back lighting on theirs is terrible though.

And what do you mean it will die in my car?

Comment

Working...
                  X