JVC KD-R900 reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JVC KD-R900 reviews

Anybody have it and want to give me some reviews about it? Someone on here reccommended it to me a while back and said it worked great with the stock speakers, and that it basically kicked ass.

I read some reviews online, but they sound a little...out there. Tell me what r3v thinks

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post
    Anybody have it and want to give me some reviews about it? Someone on here reccommended it to me a while back and said it worked great with the stock speakers, and that it basically kicked ass.

I read some reviews online, but they sound a little...out there. Tell me what r3v thinks
    I'm ordering one soon. Luke has nothing but good things to say about it.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Absorbant - I have one in my car ... it works really well. Luke installed it for me, so I cant say enough good things about it either ... the red really matches the interior lights well too ...
      Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

I have my dash torn apart to install the wiring harness right now. I should have it up and running by the end of the week assuming I have time to finish it up.

Comment

I have the JVC arsenal 805 (discontunued, now called the 815) which is the same as the 900 except no flip down face, and smoked chrome accents instead of regular chrome.

For $200 it is a pretty solid deck - 6 outputs, onboard amp, variable color display, 2 usb inputs, built in bluetooth...

Only downside, and its a small one, is that the controls are non-standard. They are easy enough to get used to. But if you have frequent passengers who like to commandeer the radio when they get in, they will be stymied. Of course, that can be a good thing...

I did add an rca level controller to the sub signal line so that I could modulate the bass without fiddling with the audio menus.

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
            I'm ordering one soon. Luke has nothing but good things to say about it.
            Thats who it was, he was describing his wifes car to me I think. Only thing Im worried about is that some people say that it has a terrible glare in the sun.

Originally posted by Gerta View Post
            Absorbant - I have one in my car ... it works really well. Luke installed it for me, so I cant say enough good things about it either ... the red really matches the interior lights well too ...
            Thats what Im looking for, something that matches

Originally posted by 318Joe View Post
            I have the JVC arsenal 805 (discontunued, now called the 815) which is the same as the 900 except no flip down face, and smoked chrome accents instead of regular chrome.

For $200 it is a pretty solid deck - 6 outputs, onboard amp, variable color display, 2 usb inputs, built in bluetooth...

Only downside, and its a small one, is that the controls are non-standard. They are easy enough to get used to. But if you have frequent passengers who like to commandeer the radio when they get in, they will be stymied. Of course, that can be a good thing...

I did add an rca level controller to the sub signal line so that I could modulate the bass without fiddling with the audio menus.
            Thanks for the solid feedback on it

Well, Im going to pull the trigger on it, well see how it goes:D

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Only thing Im worried about is that some people say that it has a terrible glare in the sun.
              Jeez, they all do these days. Why? Its not like shiny steel dashboards have made a comeback...

Matte finish! Matte finish! /rant off

Comment

Well, its finally been ordered. Amazon is the cheapest at $180 just to let you all know. Cant wait to install it!

Comment

Its here!

Comment

Its here!
                    Purdy, ain't it?

Closing SOON!
                    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                      Purdy, ain't it?
                      Its beautiful. Great reccomendation luke!

Comment

Mine is installed but I need to install my amp. So far so good. Looking forward to finishing that project.

Comment

This is the wiring chart I made to wire the harness. I have a slight problem though. The radio only turns on when the lights go on? WTF?

And on top of that, I still get no sound out of the speakers. This was the same problem witht he original stock radio. Even though it was broken, I got it to play a tape, but no sound came out. Why is it mute!?

New harness/Old wires
                          Black(ground)->to body ground
                          yellow(constant 12v)->red/green
                          red(acessory terminal)->purple/white
                          blue/white(remote lead/radio)->white(remote/antenna)
                          orange/white(light/dimmer)->red/gray(illumination)
                          purple(RR +)->blue/black(RR +)
                          purple/black(RR -)->nothing
                          green(RL +)->yellow/black(RL +)
                          green/black(RL -)->nothing
                          white(FL +)->yellow/red(FL +)
                          white/black(FL -)->nothing
                          grey(FR +)->blue/red(FR +)
                          grey/black(FR -)->nothing

then I did what luke said to do with the fader grounds in another thread. I wuired them all to the common ground.

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                            OK, right fucking now, call me: 425-761-6450
                            Im trying

Comment

OK, well I figured out why it only turned on with the lights. The illumination wire and the constant 12v wire were switched

So my constant 12v is now red grey.

And my ilumination wire is red/green.

Oh, and the sound started working, it sounds great! Thanks for the reccomendation Luke, you are awesome at this!

Later today though, the stereo cut out and all I could hear was whispers coming out even with the volume all the way up, so I think that the stock amp is dying. Got any reccomendations luke:o

Comment

Working...
                              X