Wiring up DRL's, anyone know how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring up DRL's, anyone know how?

In order to pass the out of province inspection, i need to have daytime running lights in order to get it to pass. The local import shop said they can do it without having all the other lights on, just the low beams.

Thsi sounds very interesting and I'd like to attempt this myself. Anyone have any advice/or a DIY?

thanks in advance

I'd wire them up to the run position through a relay, with a switch, so you can turn the stupid things off. IIRC, you're not required to have DRLs on, just have them.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
    Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Originally posted by u3b3rg33k View Post
      I'd wire them up to the run position through a relay, with a switch, so you can turn the stupid things off. IIRC, you're not required to have DRLs on, just have them.
      Yeah, i just want them to run temporarily so I can pass the stupid OOP inspection, then remove them (as all the older e30's I've seen on the road in this province dont' have them! total BS cash grab!)

Funny, when I spoke with a tech at a garage who offered to do this, he said there are no extra parts, just something to do with the wiring. From the previous posts I've seen, I think this is something that's relatively easy to do, from the fuse box...and trust me, as soon as this car passes the OOP inspection, I'm disabling the DRL's!!!

Comment

since the lights are run by relays, the easiest method I can think of is to jumper the low beam relay to the main relay output. Key on, lights on, key off, lights off. I can't think of any problems with that, but I'd want to look at a wiring diagram before doing it.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
        Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Working...
        X