Audiobahn 12" sub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audiobahn 12" sub

Ok so i just got a new audiobahn titanium face sub and JL 250w monoblock amp, everytime the bass hits my gas gauge or dash lights flicker but not my headlights. Will a capacitor stop this from happening? Also what kind do you guys recommend?

It will most likely solve the problem. Lightning Audio and Stinger make really good ones.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

All capacitors are the same as long as they don't have digital read outs. Poweramper Industries owns the patent on all the internal components and sells them all to Panasonic who distributes them. At least this was how it was about 3 or 4 years ago. But..... that may have changed. I don't think a cap will solve your problem. Sounds like it may be a loose connection somewhere. But a cap never hurts to be installed.

Comment

Well i just so happen to work for a company that sells to rockford, Alpine, Pioneer, some Sony, Robert Bosch, Trico, and many more. Rocford dose alot of business and sells to ppl like stinger and others. I know monster is made in China. Tsunami, i am not sure. But really all a cap dose is release energy when it is needed. It only works for a second and then it has to charge. If you hit continuous Bass notes That draw alot of power, then it will not make a difference. www.chemi-con.com marakka is basicly right. All caps are very similar. the only difference is duribility, Quality and precise to spec.
        1989 Turbo 325is
        87 ETA Dinan Stg 2

Comment

Yup yup.... rate o discharge and all that good stuff.... rF's and such. I know a lil bout em.... was the first dealer of poweramper products in midwest when I owned my shop.... the company that they use to make the cap stuff is under a diff name that I dont remember... its been a while. But the rep for em told me all that stuff. I believed it unless someone else knows different I'll continue to. And yeah... they are a company outta the orient.

Comment

With 250RMS, that should not be happening. Many of us are running 500+ RMS with no dimming whatsoever, at the highest volumes.

Your charging system needs repair. Think alternator/battery.

Comment

The sub is 1300Rms, and i just installed two Rockford fosgate 1 farad capacitors that i got for $40 from a friend and i bought a new optima yellow top battery. No more flickering or any of that shit.

Comment

Subs don't generate power, whatever it's rated to handle is useless info.

Your battery was on its way out. Try it without the caps, I bet you you'll get no flickering (provided that Optima is new).

Comment

If the JL amp is pulling amperage from the battery it would be seen if the dash and headlights where on. Sounds more like a ground issue then a storage or alternator issue.

Ty

http://www.europeanplates.com Build and Preview plates
                  R3V Discount Code = R3V2012

Comment

to kill all problems invest in a optima yellow top battery there will be no more dimming

M52 |S52 Cams|E36 Rack Swap|GC Coilover Kit |. . . . . . . . . More To Come

Comment

Working...
                    X