This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by accident View Post
    assuming you have premium sound, the AMP REM wire is the wire that tells the amplifier to turn on. it's also used for your boomy box to know when to power up as well.
    ahh... so if I removed my amp for an aftermarket HU (having it power the speakers as well) I believe this wire is irrelevant to me then.

Comment

yep

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
      i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
      Originally posted by slammin.e28
      Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

one last question.

For the Dash negatives to Speaker negatives, is there a specific orange/yellow sequence that corresponds with each speaker negative? or can I randomly splice the speaker negative to any orange/yellow I see (or will I end up creating a short?)

Comment

if i remember correctly, the speakers all share a common ground, and any brown/orange should work, but try to a look a little deeper in, the wires are wrapped together iirc

Moral of this story?

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
            one last question.

For the Dash negatives to Speaker negatives, is there a specific orange/yellow sequence that corresponds with each speaker negative? or can I randomly splice the speaker negative to any orange/yellow I see (or will I end up creating a short?)
            NO! FUCK! How many times do I have to say FIND THE TWISTED PAIRS!

Sheesh!
            Originally posted by accident View Post
            if i remember correctly, the speakers all share a common ground, and any brown/orange should work, but try to a look a little deeper in, the wires are wrapped together iirc
            NO!!! There is no shared ground in an aftermarket install. His late model doesn't share grounds either.

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

my bad :(

Moral of this story?

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                NO! FUCK! How many times do I have to say FIND THE TWISTED PAIRS!

Sheesh!NO!!! There is no shared ground in an aftermarket install. His late model doesn't share grounds either.
                understood but here is the problem with my car.

Those 4 negative dash wires you see on the right. The only indication that tells me which is for the left or right speaker wire is the color code (blue/brown) = Right and (yellow/brown) = left. other than that I cannot distinguish which Within each is pair is the correct one for Front and Rear. What would be the best method to identify?

Comment

So you cannot tell which is the twisted pair?

OK, sorry, I am kind of extra grumpy today.

Do the trunk wiring first, then the pairs become apparent at the deck end when you test them.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

sorry for the trouble Luke. I figured it out. I just have to unwrap the trunk wiring bundle further. Thanks again!

Comment

i just did my first install following this thread. I want to urge people to seriously attempt it yourself before even thinking about going to a stereo shop. No one will no more about the electrical system other than Luke and yourself. I can't imagine the hacking and slashing someone would do to your car ( and do more damage) just to get the system working. The current wiring in your car is very sturdy and well laid out. Had i done it the first time, the wiring could all be done within an hour but because I had someone else do it, I spent 2 days sorting out the mess

Comment

and the BIG question:
                        HOW DOES IT SOUND?

heh...yer welcome.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

sounds great like my system was making love to my ears! thanks again luke!

Comment

Aural sex?

Closing SOON!

Comment

Subscribed!

I just bought a Alpine 102 head unit to replace the STOCK BMW cassette player....

I'm the 2nd owner, just bought this car in December. I'm 100% sure the speakers are stock. I have a '91 325i.....I also have the same question about speakers.

Front kick panels are 5.25"......recommendation to upgrade to?
                              Window tweeter?......recommendation?

I have a spare JL Audio 250/1 amp that I was thinking of installing. Is it not worth it if I'm not running a 10-12" sub in the trunk? I really don't want to go that route, unless you all think I should just removed the rear speakers and add the sub....thoughts?

Lastly, I bought the Alpine HU 102 from Crutchfield.com and they recommended purchasing a PAC SOEM-4, which I did. Is this piece necessary? I don't understand exactly what it does and where the hell I install it...it is a pretty big electronic piece.
                              1997 Artic Silver M3
                              CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

This made my installation a breeze,some of the wires aren't same as mine but I manage to get it done.:)
                                thx
                                bmwstephen
                                StereoInstaller1
                                Last edited by immajackuup; 01-14-2011, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X