Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driver door won't unlock

So my '90 vert is acting up...
    Since I purchased the car last year, I have always had to unlock the car by inserting the key into either the trunk or the passenger door. Turn the key to the left and all the doors unluck; turn it to the right and they all lock. The driver key cylinder or actuator has always been funny and is only useful for locking (ie. put the key in the cylinder and turn to the right). If you turn the key to the left, the doors will not unlock.

I've been able to live with this slight inconvenience for some time now, but today, the driver door has decided to quit unlocking via turning the key to the left at the trunk or passenger door.

Does anybody have any ideas for the solution? Are we looking at an actuator problem or perhaps something else. I don't necessarily need keyless entry, but I would like to unlock the car from the driver door. I fear that if I don't fix this soon, I may be entering my car through the passenger door and climbing over the center console :|
    Thanks in advance!

Does the driver lock turn at all
    Originally posted by bmwm42
    PNW vulture pm me for parts
    Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Yeah it turns. I can lock the doors from by using the driver-side keylock. However, when I turn the key to left, none of the doors unlock.

Comment

Actuator needs to be replaced had the same issue its a pita to replace its a 30 part tops shipped used of course
        Originally posted by bmwm42
        PNW vulture pm me for parts
        Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Thanks for suggestion. I've found a few brief write-ups about the actuator install. In the next few weeks here I'll jump on this and swap out the actuator. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
          X