No announcement yet.

OEM Factory Keyless/Security/Alarm System Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. So do you mean there are 2 transmitters in the remote, that work independently of each other, and 1 receiver in the brain?

Seeing as how E30s are not pre-wired, what's the basic procedure for installing one of these things?
    sigpic

Comment

No, the PO has 2 transmitters, AKA "remotes"

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Not sure what you mean...I have 1 remote
        sigpic

Comment

I have to agree with Luke... as a theft deterrent the system is not that great. But then again, I am not a fan of any aftermarket alarm as a theft deterrent.

But as a keyless entry system... I love it. It's audible confirmation my doors are locked/unlocked. 1 chirp for lock and 2 for unlock. Mine went down for a bit due to a bad actuator... and I HATED not having the keyless.

Not sure about reliability as mine has been dead reliable for the last 3 years of ownership of my car, and who knows how long before that.
          "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
          -----------------------------------------
          91 318is Turbo Sold
          87 325 Daily driver Sold
          06 4.8is X5
          06 Mtec X3
          05 4.4i X5 Sold
          92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
          90 325i Sold
          97 328is Sold
          01 323ci Sold
          92 325i Sold
          83 528e Totaled
          98 328i Sold
          93 325i Sold

Comment

So I've been doing some more research on the subject.

I found this: http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=45950

Not really helpful but whatever.

Also confirmed that the brain (PN 88-88-1-600-204) I have originally corresponded with the 1 button transmitter (PN 88-88-1-600-205).

The transmitter I have (PN 88-88-1-600-292) is for 1993-1995 3/5/7-series, but it worked with the older brain.

found via http://spotco2.com/1testt.htm
            sigpic

Comment

Check this out. Just got 'em today. Ordered on ebay. I'll take pictures of the install. First time. Alarm virgin. Wish me luck. Any tips?
              Attached Files

Comment

No idea man. But I imagine there are at least a few aftermarket alarm install threads on here. Sorry I can't really be much help, I like the picture of the guy on the box covering his ears though.
                sigpic

Comment

bringing this back to life, did you have any personal success with the three button transmitter and receiver unit in an E30?

Comment

I did, my first E30 had the receiver unit already wired in it, but the previous owner didn't know it was there and he had no remote. I discovered the receiver, bought a 3 button transmitter on ebay, programmed the chip, and it worked. If I remember correctly, one of the buttons didn't do anything because it was a panic button and the receiver in the car wasn't wired to an alarm or anything. The keyless entry worked perfectly at least. I still have the whole setup from the car but have no plans to install it in my current car because it has an aftermarket alarm and I don't feel like messing around with it.
                    sigpic

Comment

how did you go about programming the chip?

I currently have the 1 button remote with receiver, but someone stole my key and remote fob. So now I'm desperately trying to get it working again.

do you remember the part number on your receiver?

Comment

I have two of them running, one in my M5 and the other in the Mtech, both work great without any issues. For the M5 I just found a complete E32 alarm at a wrecking yard and installed it.

Alpine may not make them anymore, they may be crap by today's standards, but I love a factory keyfob and not that gaudy carbon fiber looking thing

Comment

Originally posted by dr.strangelove View Post
                          how did you go about programming the chip?

I currently have the 1 button remote with receiver, but someone stole my key and remote fob. So now I'm desperately trying to get it working again.

do you remember the part number on your receiver?
                          The part number for the receiver is in one of my posts in this thread just a few up. There are some chip programming instructions kicking around on the internet and it's easy to do. It involves removing the chip from either the transmitter or the receiver (can't remember), putting it in the other, then turning the ignition to "accessory" like 2 or 3 times or something. Then you switch the chip back to the other I think. When I bought my transmitter from ebay it actually came with instructions, which were for an E32 I believe, but it's the same procedure.

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
                          Alpine may not make them anymore, they may be crap by today's standards, but I love a factory keyfob and not that gaudy carbon fiber looking thing
                          Exactly. Do yours have working alarms as well?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggens96 View Post

Exactly. Do yours have working alarms as well?
                            He does not. I installed the one in his E30, it is keyless only, as he was supposed to bring it back to finish the install 3 years ago. The guy is kinda busy.

August R3VLimited Special: E3012 "V3" box: $225 shipped

Tutorials: Killer $500 Stereo | E30 Vert Dual 8'' Box Installation | E3010 Amp Rack Installation | Radio Wiring and Amp Bypass

Comment

i bought an e30 cab that sat for a while. after putting in a new battery, only certain features respond. no ignition system among other things. i found an old alpine alarm system by the DME in the glove box, i read that these were only installed at the dealer in shoddy ways. could this be preventing my car from starting?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X