Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Bass? Spring box build is here! E34s too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NeoMishMoo View Post
    Yeah thanks throw in some, I might put 3 or 4 in a line down the center of my seat. I've got a ton of rear seats so I'd love to see how ridiculous a bunch of ports would look. I just wish they made big plastic slot ports.

Can't wait to get the box, Trunk space is only a couple inches less with 12" than the 10" right?

Now I just need some suggestions on where to hide my amp. Maybe cut out some more seat foam and put an air fan in the seat next to the bass ports?

So how much extra is it for carpet to match the trunk liner? I've got some that matches pretty closely but I could go for a better match
    I can drop 3 in, you won't want more than that...and your box will come with a template and carpet. The match is not perfect, but it is mighty close.

LF

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Hey Luke,

Really happy with my set up, thanks again for all your help. Here's a picture after I painted the box with stone texture paint and routed the cables(click pic for full size). I'll give you a call or text about connecting up again on the false wall.
      sigpic
      84 323i

Comment

Right on, that looks great! Once we get that pretty panel in, that trunk is finished.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

please tell me the last 10 for e30's is still available

BUILD-http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=242728

Comment

I am looking forward to getting the 10" box and installing it! As soon as you ship it! LOL
            Luke, an I getting a template and carpet with it for the pretty panel??
            This will be my first real woofer install and I am highly excited.

Comment

Originally posted by OrdnanceCorp View Post
              I am looking forward to getting the 10" box and installing it! As soon as you ship it! LOL
              Luke, an I getting a template and carpet with it for the pretty panel??
              This will be my first real woofer install and I am highly excited.
              Yes, all boxes come with a template and carpet

Closing SOON!

Comment

A bunch of boxes left today, but still working on special orders.

I MAY have to build a couple more E30 10" boxes this week. I need 1, I don't wanna build less than 4, it is too much hassle.

Any of you guys regretting not buying, PM me.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                  I have a buttload of experience with all those goodies, please get me exact model numbers.

I may have just sold the last one. Let me check with the schedule of another local, his car is on jackstands AGAIN, and he ain't in no big hurry, I can set you up.

More than likely, that amp is a 4 channel. If so, you can run whatever crap you have for the rears off that nav deck, then use half that 4 channel to run the front speakers in stereo and the other can run the sub.

Again, grab me all the exact model numbers, we can nail down a plan for you.

Luke
                  PM me if you don't want to clutter up this thread further. I really appreciate your help, it's great to hear such willingness to offer guidance. Attached is a pic of the amp in my trunk. It does have "pre-out" indicated plugs for front, rear, and sub, and actually none are in use.
                  Attached Files

Comment

That, my good man, is the brain for your deck.

Those are outputs, in case you don't want to use the onboard power (which is OK, better than most, but still weenie and poor adjustability).

That can mount on the back of the sub box if you plan on having one, or perhaps hidden in a side panel, or on a custom panel in front of the taillights.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Here is the final prototype of the E34 box:

Of course, the face will be padded and upholstered.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Guys, I do have 1 12" box ready for shipment.

Drop one of those Obcons in it, it will piss all your buddies off.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                          Guys, I do have 1 12" box ready for shipment.

Drop one of those Obcons in it, it will piss all your buddies off.

Just bought one of those obcon 12" woofers http://www.speakerboxesusa.com/ob-124-svc/

$40.99 shipped! What a deal for a beastly woofer, if Luke approves then it must be niiiiice

If you want DVC just specify in your order details that you want Dual Voice Coil. Not sure why anyone would want SVC anyway. I hope that this speaker is as good as you say, if it sounds better than the reference and is half the price? Kind of lessens the blow of the incredibly expensive (but worth it) box I just bought!
                          Last edited by NeoMishMoo; 03-15-2011, 05:16 PM.
                          West German BMWs, they just don't make the same as they did before the wall fell.
                          ^Case in point: Auto-Repair Technology. Everytime my car isn't starting or acting up I let it sit, sometimes for an hour, sometimes for days. But it eventually fixes itself.

Comment

Sometimes SVC is fine, if for example you don't plan on using 2 subs OR if you amp can't do a 2ohm load.
                            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

SVC for a 2 channel amp, like I am installing right now.

Its all about matching the sub to the amp.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Just put the 10inch obcon in. HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! Those who are buying one will not be disappointed. I am powering it with a $80 Jenson amp with around 300W rms. WOW it sounds soooooo good. It seems to be not too much power at all, but we'll see how it lasts. I would recommend at least 225 rms to this woofer. It's rated to 250 but sounds DAMN GOOD with 290. I have owned A LOT of expensive gear and this sub is top 5. I think I am buying another just to have it. lol.
                                Team Hybrids

Comment

Working...
                                X