Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Bass? Spring box build is here! E34s too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
    Put one in the E30 first, report on how it behaves in this box!
    roger that. Probably just sell one. The kicker I have in the e30 now is a POS anyways.
    Team Hybrids

Comment

Put one in the E30 first, report on how it behaves in this box!

I just (like 10 minutes ago) set up another 1060W on the 5 channel PPI...oh damn.
      Unless you've changed the dimensions, the idq 10v3 won't fit. :(
      2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
      2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
      1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
      1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
      - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
      1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
      1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
      Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

how much are the 12"s

(i shouldnt be asking cause i cant afford it)
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
          Unless you've changed the dimensions, the idq 10v3 won't fit. :(
          Why? We are talking about this woof, right? :http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/pdf/...%20D2%20v3.pdf

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Hey Mr. Stereo installer, how much would a 12 box cost me, and sounds like I just punch out the ski pass and slide it in? Also, do you gave any opinion on the pioneer TS-W3002D4 Premier 12" Champion, I found a site online where I can get it for 78 shipped

Comment

Haaaaay luke... I am not sure that I am satisfied with this Infinity (although it is not bad at all and it has surprised my friends and I quite a bit). I've still got that JBL sub, but I kind of want to end up with an ID 10", be it an IDMAX or IDQ. Are you still planning on making those boxes? What's the deal?

Comment

I am doing a "1 off" IDMax for an E34...but I have to build a woofer template for it, so I can make IDMax boxes...but they will be bigger, heavier and more money...

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

How much bigger? Are we talking 12" box big?

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                    How much bigger? Are we talking 12" box big?
                    Possibly! That thing is HUGE. I am gonna make a profile cutout using the dimensions shown on their site, see if I can keep it small.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by the fil View Post
                      Hey Mr. Stereo installer, how much would a 12 box cost me, and sounds like I just punch out the ski pass and slide it in? Also, do you gave any opinion on the pioneer TS-W3002D4 Premier 12" Champion, I found a site online where I can get it for 78 shipped
                      The 12" box is gonna be $235 shipped to you...but I do not know if that woofer is gonna fit, that sucker is deep! The issue is not so much the depth, but the diameter of the magnet structure at that depth.

Also, the 12" box has ports coming out of the top and you need to cut 2 very precise holes in the rear deck and put the supplied ports into the box, so that all of your bass gets into the car. It makes A HUGE difference.

man, can't wait until I get my websites up and running, that would answer so many of you guys' questions with nice photos and full stories...

Closing SOON!

Comment

Why? We are talking about this woof, right? :http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/pdf/...%20D2%20v3.pdf
                        No, the idq uses the idmax sized ring. It won't fit into the hole as a result. I was very sad when I dropped it in and it wouldn't fit. The id is a lower tier woofer than the idq.
                        2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                        2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                        1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                        1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                        - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                        1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                        1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                        Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

oh duh, that's right...the whole V3 thing.

Crap.

Closing SOON!

Comment

SO Luke, for the 12" box, based on the volume and tunning which sub matches your beast.

Comment

Hrmm, I think I'll prob go with a 10" then. And am I crazy but I thought there was a thread on this section w/ recommended setup for an e30.

Comment

Originally posted by svn2002s View Post
                                SO Luke, for the 12" box, based on the volume and tunning which sub matches your beast.
                                Well, the best sounding sub I have heard yet in this box is the Exile XP woofer.

What you want is a woofer with a Qts under .35, an Fs under 30Hz and hopefully a MMs under 175 grams. XMax over 4mm is better, too.

Anything that fits that description will sound terrific, with the only variable being power handling.

On the cheap side, there are several woofers mentioned in several threads, but I personally really like the Infinity Reference woofs as a "way under $100" choice.

That RE woofer is nice too. Don't know the model, but there are TONS of good woofer out there.

If you can find a 2.5" or larger voice coil, that is better. Old school Fosgate "Power Series DVC" with the 4" voice coils (3" on 10's) are fucking brutal, and sound excellent. I would love to have one of those with say 500 watts RMS running it. I have 600 W RMS on my XP12 SVC, that power series is way more efficient, so 500 would be enough for me.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Working...
                                X