Which speakers should I buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which speakers should I buy?

Need your input! What speakers? And... uh... will these fit?

1. Infinity Kappa 50.9cs components front and rear (only a few $$ more than the Infinity references). Where the hell do you mount rear tweeters? The shelf?

or

2. Alpine SPR-13S Components front (i've heard good things about these), Alpine SPR-13C Coaxial rear (wouldn't have to worry about rear tweeter placement)

or

show me something better within a reasonable price.

This will be joining a Infinity 1062w sub, luke box, and headunit will most likely be a Kenwood KIV-BT900 or KDC-X994. Amp is yet to be determined....that'll be my next question.

In your doors, just above the map pockets. Run a 4 channel just for them. Everyone will think you have $1000 front speakers. They absolutely destroy any other car speaker anywhere near the price, you have to step to top of the line Dynaudio or Morel to do any better.

How do I know?

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

looks badass and im sure sounds sick, if they'd fit the stock locations. i want it to look somewhat stock. where do you even buy exiles from?

Comment

Exile just sounds like such a cheesy name. Hahaha

Comment

Nope they discontinued the 5" size alltogether, as they sell 400 pair of the 6.5" to each pair of 5"

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

ok so exiles are out. where does everyone mount rear component tweeters?

Comment

Here's the full setup I decided on, I hope this shit sounds good...

-Infinity Kappa 50.9CS Front and Rear components. (Picking up tweeter pods for front and the rear premium sound enclosures for the rears.)

-Infinity 1062W 10" Sub in a luke box

-Jensen Power 5550 Amp

-Kenwood KIV-BT900 headunit
              Last edited by ac3; 03-05-2011, 01:55 PM.

Comment

That will kill.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Do you have the box yet, or have I shipped yours yet?

Build is progressing quickly...but 10 E34 and 12 E30 boxes is a LOT of work.

I have to have them finished by Wednesday, or at least done with the dust-making.

Closing SOON!

Comment

you shipped it, its supposed to arrive tomorrow... can't wait!

Comment

So if exile doesn't make a 5 inch component set to fit in stock mounting location who makes a good component set that will fit in the stock location?

Comment

Originally posted by dlmrun2002 View Post
                        So if exile doesn't make a 5 inch component set to fit in stock mounting location who makes a good component set that will fit in the stock location?
                        What do you wanna spend?I really did like the last set of Infinity Reference I did

Closing SOON!

Comment

tops i'd pay $400 for the front stage..
                          dlm

Comment

Dooo eeeet

I actually just ordered a set for no good reason. They're probably thin enough to fit in the stock kickpanel, but I have a feeling they will blow out after 10 minutes. It will at least provide some temporary entertainment at a cheaper price than mexican firecrackers.

Comment

Originally posted by dlmrun2002 View Post
                              tops i'd pay $400 for the front stage..
                              dlm
                              How soon do you want something? I may have a connection to explore, but can't call him until monday.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Working...
                              X