Help with Brake lights...............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Brake lights...............

I need some advice. My brake light check on the control panel comes on 5-10 minutes after riding in the car. I have the MT2 appearance with a shaved 3rd light. The third light wires are put together to complete the circuit so that the brake light check does not come on. Has been that way for over a year. Upon inspection, the wires are still heat shrinked together. There are no blown bulbs. Funny thing is, the brake lights come on when the pedal is depressed and stay on. I have to push the pedal down a second time for them to go off. Any suggestions ???????????? Thanks in advance for the advice.................G.

Your master or booster is probably going and not putting the appropriate amount of pressure back against the pedal to lift it.

As for the check light, are you sure one isn't bumping or blinking out every now and again?
    Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Thanks ck. The pedal is fine. Its just that the brake lights come on and stay on. I can hit the pedal a second time and they go out. My brake pedal works great. its the brake lights not going out that I am concerned about.

Comment

Sounds like your pedal isn't getting pushed back enough after you hit the brakes.

Comment

Working...
        X