Help with keyless entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with keyless entry

I tried searching the DIY thread but haven't found anything! I hooked up my keyless entry in the trunk to the green/black and yellow/black wires and used the antenna power and ground wires, as well as two other 12V and ground wires. can hear the brain box clicking, but it doesn't lock or unlock. everything is hooked up how it should be but it's not working.

Here is a video:

anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?
    -Alex

How many wires did you connect to the actual trunk lock harness? There should be 3... Plus power and ground.
    84 Henna 325e - 88 Delphin 325iC -90 Schwartz 325is - 93 AW740iL - 01 Titan 740iLSport

Comment

Originally posted by whitewatermd View Post
      How many wires did you connect to the actual trunk lock harness? There should be 3... Plus power and ground.
      the only wires I have connected are:

green/black (unlock according to bentley) - white/black (unlock)
      yellow/black (lock according to bentley) - white (lock)
      Power
      Ground

what other wires are there?
      -Alex

Comment

What system is this?
        84 Henna 325e - 88 Delphin 325iC -90 Schwartz 325is - 93 AW740iL - 01 Titan 740iLSport

Comment

Originally posted by whitewatermd View Post
          What system is this?
          RightClick KE670

Last edited by acolella76; 04-01-2011, 10:44 AM.
          -Alex

Comment

I can't seem to easily find a link to your install manual, do you have a link you can post?

The unit you posted has onboard relays for the door locks and I can see they aren't properly connected, but I cannot tell you color codes as I don't have your manual.

I can tell you that generally, the wire with the fuse holder that is labeled "lock relay input" (usually has a fuse holder) will need to go to ground.

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
              I can't seem to easily find a link to your install manual, do you have a link you can post?

The unit you posted has onboard relays for the door locks and I can see they aren't properly connected, but I cannot tell you color codes as I don't have your manual.

I can tell you that generally, the wire with the fuse holder that is labeled "lock relay input" (usually has a fuse holder) will need to go to ground.
              I could not find a link either. But here is the other page:

So the company put the fuse on the wrong wire?
              -Alex

Comment

No. You need to put a ground on white and white black (from the DL harness), do not use orange or orange/black, and yellow and yellow/black go to the door lock system, as you described above.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

gotcha. well i've got it working, only problem is the black/yellow wire no longer works since I cut it. The trunk will lock all doors but won't unlock them anymore even though I reconnected the wire. Any ideas what I did wrong?
                  -Alex

Comment

I don't understand your question.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Sorry, what I am trying to say is my trunk lock will no longer unlock any doors. I've tried jumping it to ground and nothing... It will lock but not unlock
                      -Alex

Comment

Hmmmm. WTF, there is no "open trunk" interlock. Does the unlock work elsewhere, or was it broken before? Are you sure your drivers door is not in "high security" mode?

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                          Hmmmm. WTF, there is no "open trunk" interlock. Does the unlock work elsewhere, or was it broken before? Are you sure your drivers door is not in "high security" mode?
                          the black/yellow wire from the trunk wire.. the unlock works from the drivers side and passenger side, and before i snipped the wire to splice in the keyless entry, the trunk. It could be in high security mode, how would I know?
                          -Alex

Comment

If the key slot in the drivers door is horizontal, it is in high security...but if the other locks are working, that ain't it.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Working...
                            X