Install help.????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install help.????????????

Hey guys my question is this. I installed a Pioneer HU yesterday. Used oem speaker wires per Luke's recommendation. Power, antenna, everything is working fine. However the rear volume is louder than the front volume. All fader/balance controls are at zero. Thinking that it was a lower front kick panel issue (limited volume in the foot well), I took the system apart a second time and put the system on power without mounting the speakers in the front kick panel. The rear volume still is 4x louder. The only way i get equal front/rear volume is to fade the power to the front by 7 out of 10 varience. Even then the fronts dont get louder, the rears seem to get lower until the volume equals out. Speakers are oem premiums front and rear. Front premiums came from a donor car. Car is a E30 325is. No amps. HU is 50x4. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You don't have a fader on the dash, do you?

Comment

You are dealing with a basic acoustical issue, E30s suck. They are exactly like you are describing brand new.

Do you have tweeters up front, in the sail panels by the window?

I HIGHLY recommend 3X the rear power on front. IE: 10 watts to the rear means you need 30 watts to the front.

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Thanks Nitro, but no fader in this mix.

Luke, I took the speakers out of the kick panel and just sat them on the floor. The volume to the rear was still 3x louder. I could barely hear the front speakers at all. I'm thinking I may have wired something in error. I have your oem radio color chart. Is it still acoustics??????

Thanks guys.

Comment

What car exactly?

And taking them out of their enclosure would only make it 100X worse...

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

91 325is bronzit coupe, after market HU. Belongs to my buddy. I am using stock premiums up front with no tweets in the sails. Stock premium rears with tweets. PO wiring was a mess. He did not use the oem wires. The oem speaker wires were shredded. Had to run new wires from HU to speakers at all 4 corners. No amps at this time. The only reason I took them out of the kick panels is because i wanted to be sure the volume difference was not a short in the wiring touching something behind the panel. I don't know much about auto electronics, however this is my 3rd install in an e30 and I've only done my own cars. There is enough info out there for me to diy. Volume differance is much louder in the rear..................Please advise. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Ah...part of the issue is the premium mids, as they have crossovers in them.

Add tweeters first.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Explain.................................... trying to get a feel for what and why? The how to I can do.

Comment

Gotcha. OK, so most of what your ear percieves spatially is in the higher frequencies.

Your stock PS midbass speaker has a built in crossover, filtering out the higher frequencies.

No tweeters means you can't hear the highs at all, so even if the rear of the car didn't have a HUGE acoustical advantage, the rears would still sound much louder.

Get some tweets in there, STAT.

Make more sense? Hope that helped.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Roger that.................................For me, its always been easier to know how it works. That way getting it done puts it all together. Thanks Luke..................... Time to get her done........................................

Comment

Working...
                    X