Mounting sub and amps in trunk..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounting sub and amps in trunk..

I've basically decided that I need to cut a thin piece of plywood in the shape of the mat and lay it dound in the trunk so that i have a surface to screw into.. I have a 10" box and two amps to mought.. and this is the only way I can think of.

Also, I am worried that my infinity tweets wont fit in the factory door tweeter domes.
    1991 Diamondschwarz 325i 5spd (SOLD)
    1989 Zinno 325i 5spd (NEW)
    2000 Nissan Maxima GLS Rollin' Phat (DD)

Is this from the stang. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Super Eta
      What?

it's for the bimmer.
      1991 Diamondschwarz 325i 5spd (SOLD)
      1989 Zinno 325i 5spd (NEW)
      2000 Nissan Maxima GLS Rollin' Phat (DD)

Comment

Originally posted by KeithV
        Originally posted by Super Eta
        What?

it's for the bimmer.
        No No No, read it again i sayed "from"

Was this in the mustang before you put or gonna put in the bimmer.

;)

Comment

Re: Mounting sub and amps in trunk..

I've basically decided that I need to cut a thin piece of plywood in the shape of the mat and lay it dound in the trunk so that i have a surface to screw into.
          If you cut it the exact same size of the mat, wouldn't it not fit? I'm pretty sure the mat has to fold at the edges...

Comment

Re: Mounting sub and amps in trunk..

Originally posted by 808BMW
            I've basically decided that I need to cut a thin piece of plywood in the shape of the mat and lay it dound in the trunk so that i have a surface to screw into.
            If you cut it the exact same size of the mat, wouldn't it not fit? I'm pretty sure the mat has to fold at the edges...
            the trunk mat doesn't fold unless you're removing the spare, or spare fuel tank, if you got one before they were outlawed in the US

Comment

I was going to do a false floor. I had it all done in cardboard. If you trace the mat it fits.

Sold it.

Comment

Hehe, I have no trunk mat. I fiberglassed my spare tire, and since it fits so good, nothing can move, I just mounted the amp to the box.

Comment

Also, I am worried that my infinity tweets wont fit in the factory door tweeter domes.
                  They fit.

(My old 325e)
                  '91 318is
                  sigpic

Comment

Are you going to mount the amps to the floor (or the mdf piece you're cutting) of the trunk? I made a really cool amp mount on the back of my trunk. I just took a piece of ply wood and painted it black. Then I mounted my amps on it as well as power and ground distribution blocks and component crossovers. Then I used a wire tack stapler and made it look nice. Then I screwed the plywood onto the metal piece at the back of my trunk. I don't have any subs so I'm able to use the entire trunk while still having a lot of audio equipment back there.
                    Originally posted by Gruelius
                    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Working...
                    X