Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Head Unit Criteria: What fits this bill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head Unit Criteria: What fits this bill?

So I'm looking for a headunit to replace whats in my car (it has a casette deck in it at the moment). I was looking for:

1) Black Unit with illuminated gauges matching the interior ones
    2) Built in Bluetooth
    3) Ipod/Aux Interface

Thats it! Any suggestions SHOOT.

Jvc kd-r900

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

O'car from oxygen audio if you have a iphone/ touch
      Tri color fabric for sale here!
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=105922

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I noticed the JVC has an external mic with wiring, do any have the mic built in to the unit?

Comment

Face mounted mics suck field-rotted donkey balls.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

If I got a wired external where would you suggest I route and mount the mic? I'd want it hidden. Do you have a JVC stereo?

Comment

My mic is on the overhead panel by the check panel.

They cannot be hidden, as all aftermarket mics have noise cancelling circuitry that requires the back of the mic to be exposed.

I have one on order for the E34. It currently has a Pioneer DEH-63, which would be a damn near perfect head unit if it had BT integrated into it...and rear USB.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post

They cannot be hidden, as all aftermarket mics have noise cancelling circuitry that requires the back of the mic to be exposed.

I have one on order for the E34. It currently has a Pioneer DEH-63, which would be a damn near perfect head unit if it had BT integrated into it...and rear USB.
                luke, do you have any pictures of how you mounted the mic? I wanted to a clean install for an external one and was originally planning to hide it in the steering column or inside the check panel area (sunroof crack)

Comment

I am doing one now in Grand Cherokee, I took some pics, will post later. They cone with a slick little mount, not too hideous

Closing SOON!

Comment

Just a cute little thing on the roof, no big deal.

Closing SOON!

Comment

That's better than my Clarion's external mic. Thing is huge and uses a big visor clip. This renders my driver's side visor useless.

Functions well though.
                      "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                      -----------------------------------------
                      91 318is Turbo Sold
                      87 325 Daily driver Sold
                      06 4.8is X5
                      06 Mtec X3
                      05 4.4i X5 Sold
                      92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                      90 325i Sold
                      97 328is Sold
                      01 323ci Sold
                      92 325i Sold
                      83 528e Totaled
                      98 328i Sold
                      93 325i Sold

Comment

If you have a 318i/s, you can mod the blank check panel to fit the mic. My check panel holds the mic and BT display. I had just installed the anthracite headliner, so there is glue residue on the check panel, otherwise, it looks pretty clean.

I was going to install this Blaupunkt (top) for my vert, but I'm not sure if the built in mic is a good idea on an open top car.

sigpic
                        January 2012 COTM

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post

so Luke you can proudly say that this setup is the best bluetooth setup in the market? I had a Kenwood KDC with a built in mic for a month or so before pulling it out all together and reinstalling the factory radio. the bluetooth phone feature was the only reason I went with an aftermarket radio and it was a waste of money when ppl on the other end would describe my voice as talking with an open window. anything else you would recommend?

also, any input if i were to stick the mic behind the steering wheel instead of up the check panel?
                          Last edited by bmwstephen; 04-11-2011, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
                            so Luke you can proudly say that this setup is the best bluetooth setup in the market?
                            Huh? I never said that at all.

I have no clue what "the best" is, but somehow I feel a $200 deck likely ain't it.

I have one sitting at my house right now (thanks, UPS) and it will be in the E34 before I sleep again. I will have the wifey call me on her way to work in the AM and shall report my own personal findings then.

Closing SOON!

Comment

So far BT is absolutely stunning with the KD-R900.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Working...
                              X