325i and 325is wiring difference??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325i and 325is wiring difference??

Found a 199 325i auto shell that im thinking about buying to swap all of my 1990 325is drivetrain and such into. The shell has all wiring intact. My question is, are there any differences between the wiring in the two cars? Will my obc, guage cluster, trans, etc. hook up? Do I need the computer out of my car?

Any input would be great.

Thanks.

it wont hook up.
    you'd need to cut into firewall for brake/clutch pedal assembly.
    but if you just transfer everything from the parts car to the shell, then i think it would be pretty straight forward.
    i think the only wiring when doing a 5sp swap has to do with the starter.

all i know.

Comment

90 325i and 90 325is have same engine and same harness. should be same 173 dme as well. you will have to deal with the neutral safety switch if the 325is tranny is manual

The Build:
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

Originally posted by ttrousdell View Post
        90 325i and 90 325is have same engine and same harness. should be same 173 dme as well. you will have to deal with the neutral safety switch if the 325is tranny is manual

thats what i was trying to think of!
        i knew it had a funny name

Comment

I guess I did not specify, my car is a manual. Is there a writeup for a auto to manual swap? I just looked here and on e30tech and didn't see one.

Comment

here

probably the best and most detailed write up online. yoshi is known for being very detail oriented in his write ups.
            i was gonna use this as a bible but then decided to just buy a 5sp. coupe

Comment

thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X