Reverse light prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse light prob

My reverse lights aren't working. Connected the wiring under the shift boot still not working.. I need some help how to fix this. I gets scary when backing up and people don't know i'm backing up. couple of times that I almost got rear ended. Appreciate guys. Thanks

Roll down the window and make this noise, "Beeeeep Beeeep BEEEP BEEEEP!"

OK fine - what did you "Connected the wiring under the shift boot" to?
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

^:rofl:

My reverse lights don't work either but when I swapped my motor I realized that while the wire was "connected, one side of it was cut most likely by my sloppy shifter. Also chech the passanger side of the transmission to make sure the two wires are still in the revers light switch. If that still doesn't solve it then you may need a new switch.
      Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
      Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
      Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
      Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

^ check integrity of wiring around shifter - then swap in a new switch if needed.

Both are common causes of non-working reverse lights.
        -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

I've noticed that my reverse lights never come on why I'm in reverse. But one night buying smokes at the gas station I left the car running in neutral with the headlights on. When I got back from getting smokes my reverse lights were on! I think either tapping the brakes or disengaging the ebrake fixed it. Does that sound like a bad switch or bad wiring?

Comment

Working...
          X