Side Mirror Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side Mirror Help

Can someone help me out with my side mirrors? I am not sure if the wiring is ok, or if the mirrors or good.
    How do I test the mirrors themselves off the car? What prongs do you put power to to do what?
    How do I test the plug coming out of the door? what pins should give current when the switch is in a certain position?
    Do you need to press the switch (directional one) down when moving them?
    Does the car need to be running? (engine on)
    Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Anyone?

Comment

year make and model would help ,and you can download your ETM here and go to section 5116 "power mirrors" to see a diagram ,C405 is the door connector in the diagram

you will have to jump multiple wires if you are going to test at the switch connector as both power and ground are switched to reverse polarity to the drive motors and a third jumper to energize a solenoid to make up/down fuction work

if you test at the mirrors themselves jumper power and ground to black pin 1 and blue pin 3 and reverse wire to make motor spin opposite. pin 2&4 will be the solenoid for vertical movement
      Angus
      88 E30M3 X2
      89 325IX
      92 R100GS/PD
      :)

Comment

It is a 91 318i, thanks for that much though! I think I understood it...

Comment

Working...
        X